Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim -- IC

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"Oooh... we're scared," the kid says, laughing to his buddies. "Back off, pequeño. Me and my boys just here for some snacks. Just go stock your shelves, *****, or me and my boys might get upset with you."

"Gee, guys, I'd hate it if you got upset at me," Shin says in a voice dripping with sarcasm. "Tell you what. You want snacks. How about I lend a hand picking them out."

He looks down at one of the cans he's holding. "Hey, lima beans! Sound good to you?"

Shin hurls the can at the gang leader's chest. (Ranged +10, dmg ??)

Velmont

First Post
Girl said:
"I hear your a man that has a way of finding things," she said as she lit up her cigarette. She took a drag, then leaned in close. "I need a man like that, to find out some things for me. My husband's been murdered, and the police think I did it. They haven't proved anything yet, but they're hounding me all times of day -- I want to hire you to find out who did my husband in, and clear my name," she whispered, looking around, like someone might be listening.

"Before accepting, I need you to tell me what you know. What have happen before the murder. What you know of the murder. What happen after. I want the truth. I am bound to professional secret and nothing will be known by the cops if you don't want to, but the more I know, the easier it will be for me to help you."

Thomas wait for the young lady story. He will listen to her story and try to tell if she is lying (Sense Motive +13 and will use Telepathy on her). After she have told her story, if his telepathy is good enough, he will try to find in her memory, the true version of what have happen (if she is lying, hiding something, or forgetting something that is hidden in her memory).

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Rybaer said:
"Gee, guys, I'd hate it if you got upset at me," Shin says in a voice dripping with sarcasm. "Tell you what. You want snacks. How about I lend a hand picking them out."

He looks down at one of the cans he's holding. "Hey, lima beans! Sound good to you?"

Shin hurls the can at the gang leader's chest. (Ranged +10, dmg ??)

The lead boy is caught off-guard by the speed and power of the throw, and takes the can square in the chest. It sends him reeling back into the nearest shelves and knocks the wind out of him.

His friends let out a chorus of cat-calls and various other obscencities in a mix of Spanish and English, as one comes to pull their leader back to a standing position. They start dragging him towards the storefront, careful not to turn their backs on you.

"This isn't over, man," one of them calls as they drag their leader out the door. "We'll be back, essa... you'd better believe we'll be back," he yells as they leave, with his friends throwing signs and cursing all the way across parking lot.

"Shin!" Mr. Martin yells. "Clean up this mess and meet me in my office."

Rolls:
Attack: d20+10 V 13 = 28 (HIT)
Damage Save (DC 23) = 16 (Bruised + Stunned)

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

Velmont said:
"Before accepting, I need you to tell me what you know. What have happen before the murder. What you know of the murder. What happen after. I want the truth. I am bound to professional secret and nothing will be known by the cops if you don't want to, but the more I know, the easier it will be for me to help you."

Thomas wait for the young lady story. He will listen to her story and try to tell if she is lying (Sense Motive +13 and will use Telepathy on her). After she have told her story, if his telepathy is good enough, he will try to find in her memory, the true version of what have happen (if she is lying, hiding something, or forgetting something that is hidden in her memory).

"My husband was on the up-and-up, but his business has tried to keep this whole mess out of the paper so they can maintain their... clout. They even made me sign an agreement, told me I can't tell anyone who they are, unless I want them to sue me. My husband was an archaeologist, a reseacher -- he had just returned from a dig in Israel his employeers had sent him on; he'd been back maybe a week or so. I went shopping, came home... and found him in his study. I didn't make it past the door -- there was so much blood... I just ran for the phone. They wouldn't even let me see his body -- something in his contract with his employeers... they were there before the ambulance."

"Something's not quite right here," you think to yourself, listening to her as she talkes. As you listened to her story, you probe her mind... all the memories seem good, so you push deeper... and there were you see what you picked up on from her talking. There are cracks in the subconscious -- things missing, like childhood memories and certain important object-relations... but the job is surgical; whoever did this rewrite was very good. While she isn't lying, she's only telling you what she knows -- and she only knows what whoever did this to her wanted her to know.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Adam (W/Jonathan Watching)

Adam sat alone, waking as the sun just started to set. He went about his evening, trying to exercise greater control over his considerable abilities, trying to work over why this had happened to him... trying to figure out what to do about the fires.

Even now that we was 'dead', they hadn't stopped. Even though they had captured the man who tried to kill him, they hadn't stopped. Three fires in four days -- two homes and a storefront. Several people injured, three people killed.

All that carnage... pondering.... Maybe that's why he didn't hear the man step into the warehouse. Maybe that's why he hadn't noticed him standing there for several minutes, just watching the young fireman. "You can only stop so much suffering in the world, Adam," the man finally said, stepping into the light. "You're only one man... one very extraordinary man, but still only one man. You can only do so much... unless you have help, that is." He takes off his hat -- a stark, tall, blonde man, close-cropped hair, hints of a business suit peeking out from the lapels of his long overcoat. "We've been watching you, Adam -- watching for a long time. Waiting for a time when we could reveal ourselves.... unfortunately, we had to wait for a time when you could accept us -- when you would understand your own special-ness... but that could only happen once you discovered your nature, and the horrible tragedy that occurred to bring your abilities to the fore was most... unfortunate."

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"This isn't over, man," one of them calls as they drag their leader out the door. "We'll be back, essa... you'd better believe we'll be back," he yells as they leave, with his friends throwing signs and cursing all the way across parking lot.

Shin grins in satisfaction as the bullies back down. He hefts the other can threateningly as he slowly follows them toward the exit.

"Come back here again and we'll see how well you handle the canned ham!" he yells after them.

Mordane76 said:
"Shin!" Mr. Martin yells. "Clean up this mess and meet me in my office."

Reality snaps Shin out of his adrenaline rush. He knows by the tone of Mr. Martin's voice that he's in trouble.

"Yes sir," he says meekly and starts stacking the boxes and cans back in their respective places.

Why do I always push things too far? he thinks to himself. You know damn well they'll be back and cause even more problems. They'll probably wait 'til I'm not here, too. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

He looks down at his hand and realizes that he has crushed a can of tuna. The water and flaked fish is dribbling down his hand and onto the floor. Annoyed with himself, he tosses the can into a pile to be swept up and wipes his hand on his jeans.

After completing the clean up, he finally makes his way back to his boss's office. The door is open, so he knocks quietly on the frame and lets himself in.

"I'm really sorry, sir," he says quickly. "I wasn't trying to cause more trouble. Just can't abide watchin' bullies be that way."

WizWrm

First Post
Adam narrows his eyes. "I knew I should have shut the door." He stands up and walks over to the gutted building's door, which swings stiffly off two rusted hinges. He closes it, and then gestures to the empty window frames, through which he had been watching the sunset. "Not much I can do about those, I'm afraid."

He turns back to face the visitor. "Now, who the hell are you? This sounds like the beginning of a con to me," Adam says. He hunches over and imitates a style of broken English. "I am...wealthy Nigerian businessman." He straightens. "For all I know, you're a crook who's been peering through the window, watching me do things," Adam continues, both hands suddenly igniting in a halo of flame, "And you've decided to see if you can trick me into giving you a hand. Pretty soon I'll be stopping suffering by robbing banks, is that it?"

He rolls his eyes and nods towards a pile of broken wood and shattered crates, now charred almost beyond recognition. "I don't think so." Adam scoffs and says mockingly, "'We've been watching you for a long time, Adam'...please." He eyes the visitor warily, watching for a reaction.

"Wait. How the hell did you know my name?" Adam furrows his brow. "Fine, maybe you have been somehow watching me, since my funeral at least, or maybe you recognized me from the obituary. But that doesn't prove anything."

Velmont

First Post
Thomas Ford, HP: 4

That's interesting. How could they manipulate her mind like that? Does there is another psychic. Let's find what they want.

"Here, you'll need to fill that. Some paper work. Some personal information, so I can contact you when I need it. There is too a documentation that we both sign and it tell you that all what you say is under the rules of privacy. Nothing of what you say to me will goes out of my mouth as long as you don't want. Now, I would like to repeat all what you have said, but that time, I'll record it, so I can hear it again if needed. Do you want a coffee? Offer from the house."

During the time she will tell again her story and fill the paperwork, Thomas will prepare some coffee with the machine he has in his office and will try to recover the woman memory by undoing what have been done to it.

OOC: Roll under 13 will be RR with a HP.

Lagomorph

First Post
Moving quickly to avoid exposure, Serendipity opens the passenger door of the car and feels inside for where she always keeps the weapon: just behind the passenger seat. "Tony's gonna be pissed when he finds out I shot someone, but these guys started it," she grumbles to herself. Finding the weapon she slides it out the door and gives it a quick once over with her hands. The familiar form, same cool metal, the usual smoothed edges. It's locked and loaded, and time for her try it out on some scum.

[OOC - Retrieving the weapon for the round and getting ready for combat. Unless otherwise stated, I will always use my Luck to add to my saving throw against damage if I take any. I'll use 4 for the first saving throw I have to make in a round and 4 for the second, if there is one.]

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jonathan frowns at the sight of another man with Adam. Could this be one of ours? No, the Watcher would have told me if anyone else was going to talk to him. That means he's one of them.

Muttering a few very old curse words under his breath he drops the illusion and prepares his travelling spell. Those cowards would never come after a powerful Nephilim like this alone. And they wouldn't take no for an answer.

OOC:
Free action: drop the create object and illusion. Leaving the personal defense powers up.

Full action: Sprint teleport to the roof of the warehouse Adam is in.

Once he's there he'll take a quick look around to see if any other agents are in sight. If there isn't he'll resume his ESP into the building.

Remove ads