Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim -- IC

Mordane76

First Post
Jonathan and Adam

OOC: The butler reads as a total blank -- you receive nothing from him... it's almost like he's not even there.

The oldest child in the room appears to be a young girl; she is maybe 10 or 11 years old. She's petite, dark-haired, wearing a school jumper (overalls and a white button-down shirt -- the other children are similar dressed) and a pair of dark glasses, while reading over a what looks like a very thick textbook. She looks at your hand warily, and does not take it, but places a marker in her book and sets it aside.

"The name my parents gave me is Christina, but the professors and staff call me Tina. The other children here call me Void," she says, taking off her glasses. You step back... as she has no visible eyes, just black pits where eyes would normally be. "I study psychology, and next year the professors say they will see if they can start me on anatomy and neuroscience, if I keep up my pace of learning. What do you do, Mr. Hylund -- everyone here 'does' something."

The other children seem readily impressed with Priest's display of sorcery, and you do not find any obvious blockage to your ability. One of the young children (a boy of around seven), in his excitement, reaches into the trouser pocket of one of his nearby fellows and pulls a rabbit out of the obviously impossible space, which he sets down on the table. He reaches into his own pocket and pulls out a handful of baby carrots and puts a few down for the rabbit.

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Shin continues his cavalcade of blows. He shakes the first blow aside barely with his guard, but the second one catches him square in the teeth. He teeters as his knees buckle and his eyes glass over, and he pitches forward gracelessly, unconscious.

His friends, before raucous and taunting, grow eerily silent.

OOC:
Attacks: 26 - Hit, 18 - Hit.
Damage Save: 9 - fail, VP spent = 23 (success); 7 - fail.
Failed by more than 10 -- Unconscious

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

You find nothing of further interest in the books, and the papers and slips that are not covered in the undecipherable pictograms provide nothing either.

Once you leave the attic, you find Thaddeus downstairs in the kitchen making himself a sandwich. "Would you like something else, sir," he says once he notices you enter.

Rybaer

First Post
Shin grabs the large, unconscious man by the front of his shirt. He casually lifts him off the ground with just one hand.

"I think you dropped something," he says and pitches the guy forward into the stunned on-lookers. "I trust I won't be seeing any of you teenie-boppers around here again. I went easy on this chap because he didn't know any better. Now you guys do. Get outta here."

Shin turns on his heel and walks away without looking back. He doesn't expect any of them to be stupid enough to try to pull anything. Now it's off to his apartment where his gasoline soaked pants have a date with the coin-op washing machine in the basement.

WizWrm

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"The name my parents gave me is Christina, but the professors and staff call me Tina. The other children here call me Void," she says, taking off her glasses. You step back... as she has no visible eyes, just black pits where eyes would normally be. "I study psychology, and next year the professors say they will see if they can start me on anatomy and neuroscience, if I keep up my pace of learning. What do you do, Mr. Hylund -- everyone here 'does' something."

Adam says, "I do a couple things. Invisibility, intangibility...." He smiles. "Jets of flame. I'm also much harder to hurt than normal, and I don't get tired or hungry, or even need to breathe if I don't want to. Fire can't harm me," He closes his eyes. "And I can still see you like this." Adam looks around the room, eyes still shut, then gestures to Priest. "There's that fellow, 'the oldest of the Nephilim,' busy impressing the other students toward his cause." He opens his eyes again. "A few other things, maybe, that I haven't discovered yet. I'm sure they'll help me with that, though. Do you know anyone similar?"

Drakknyte32

First Post
Priest continues showing tricks to the kids. He always liked being able to entertain children, but the need for secrecy stopped him from being able to do so very often. It was nice to be able to use his powers for something other than the war from time to time.

But he still had things to do. His meeting with Adam was off to a bad start, not surprising considering how rarely he interacted with normal people these days, but the children here he might be able to help. He couldn't do it now though, the demons would stop him if he tried anything, and he wouldn't be much of a challenge to them on his own. He needed to tell the Eternitas about this place, they would know what to do.

But that could wait for a while, for now he continued playing with the kids. As he did so he asked them about the institute, who their teachers were and what they could do, and similar questions.

Remove ads