• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armed Deflect Arrows

Xaov

First Post
In any of the books has there been an armed Deflect Arrows feat. I mean the basic feat could be done only if Unarmed. But it just seems, ecspecially when mounted that a deflect arrows feat that you could do while armed would be valuable.

saucercrab

Explorer
IIRC, there is an epic feat that allows for armed deflection. It's either in an Epic Insights installment, or possibly updated in CW.

Whimsical

Explorer
From the Netbook of Feats
ARMED DEFLECT ARROWS [General, Fighter]
You can deflect arrows, including crossbow bolts, spears and other shot or thrown weapons with your chosen weapon.
Prerequisite: Weapon Focus, Dex 13
Benefit: You gain the use of the Deflect Arrows feat, but can only use this ability when wielding a melee weapon that you have Weapon Focus with.
Notes: You can learn later feats for which Deflect Arrows is a prerequisites based on the 'virtual' feat learned with Armed Deflect Arrows, but you can then only use those feats when armed with a melee weapon that you have Weapon Focus with.
ARMED DEFLECT ARROWS Copyright 2001, Carl Cramér, Eric D. Harry
Balance: 4.35 (Purp 4.50, Pow 4.75, Port 4.25, Comp 4.00, Rule 4.25)

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Might I suggest simply removing the "while unarmed" bit from the current feat? I don't really think it ends up being unbalanced, because an armed combatant is already wasting his IUS feat.

Xaov

First Post
I see there are some actual things that are relatively close if not exactly it. I suppose that even if there weren't it would be easy enough to house rule. Thanks for the responses everybody

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Saeviomagy said:
Might I suggest simply removing the "while unarmed" bit from the current feat? I don't really think it ends up being unbalanced, because an armed combatant is already wasting his IUS feat.
I second this.

Remove ads