• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armor Enchantments to Reduce Weight and other questions . . .

Goobermunch

Explorer
I am playing an 8th level warforged psywar in an Eberron game.

I've got the adamantine body feat (enchanted to +1), but I'm looking for was to boost my speed. I already have boots of striding and springing.

Is anyone aware of an armor enchantment that causes the armor to be treated as one category lighter (a la mithral?)? A source would be awesome.

We just finished an adventure, and have a decent amount of loot. My GM has asked me to refrain from trying to boost my damage output anymore. :D

Now, I'm looking for some items to pick up with our newfound loot. One thing I'm leaning toward is an animated +2 Tower Shield. This will be a net +2 to my AC, and means I won't be wasting a round every combat activating Force Screen. I'm also going to have my +2 Belt of Strength upgraded with the characteristics of the Healing Belt from MIC (though modified as a Repairing Belt).

Currently, I have a +1 Deep Crystal Battlefist, the aforementioned +1 Adamantine Body and Boods of Striding and Springing, I also have a Crystal Mask of Language, a Belt of Str. +2, and a Docent that provides +2 to Spot and Listen, Repair Light Damage 3x/day (at CL=Character Level), +2 to Wisdom (for purposes of calculating bonus power points), and a mindlink power with the rest of the group.

I have 5 attacks per round (in full combat mode) and hit for an average of 21 points of damage per claw, 17.5 points of damage with my bite, 8.5 points of damage with my slam, and 22 points of damage with my tail slap. My AC is 19, (23 with force screen).

I know we're going to be fighting undead in our future, and am tempted by the undead bane enhancement. But I'd really like to hear about other options, including miscellaneous magic items that might have slipped past my notice. I've skimmed the MIC, but don't own my own copy. I can probably get access to most any WotC sourcebook and use anything I can find therein.

My budget is around 35,000 gp (I expect). What fun things can I do with this character as we finish up 3.5e?

--G

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
If you use an animated Tower Shield, you'll suffer a -2 to all your attacks, just so you know. As for speed...you partly gave up on that by going with adamantine over mithral body... There's an armor crystal in MIC, part of the knight's item set, that gives a +5 ft morale bonus to speed. The weapon crystals in that book are also nice for fighting undead. There's always the quick trait (UA), lose 1 hp a level but gain some speed.

For other "fun things," youmight want to check out Tome of Battle. Specifically martial scripts and items of the 9 disciplines (under "crown of the white raven," it's a different body slot for each). A "novice" item costs only 3000 gp and will let you use a maneuver levels 1-3 from that discipline (chosen beforehand) once/battle, as long as you meet the requirements to use it. Which basically means, if you know enough other maneuvers. But there are many maneuvers with zero required known. If you have any weak saves, there are Diamond Mind maneuvers for each save to replace the roll with a concentration check (yay, psywar synergy!) as an immediate action. None have any requirements.

Not much more I can think of that you probably don't already know...

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I've not found a way to get Adamantine Body down to medium armor for Speed of Thought. So I went the other way: get the Freedom mantle from Complete Psionic. It gives you +10' untyped speed as long as you're psionically focused.

There are three two ways to get the Freedom mantle:
1) 1 level of Divine Mind (advantage: +2 Fort & Will, d10 HD, handy psychic auras)
2) 1 level of Ardent (advantage: more pps and powers known, +2 Will)
3) Take the feats Tap Mantle and Don Mantle (advantage: the powers go on your psywar list and you don't lose any manifester levels)

-blarg

Last edited:

Slaved

First Post
Other Interesting Options from the Magic Item Compendium include Blueshine Armor Enhancement to give your Armor Immunity to Acid Damage and Rusting Effects, Linked Armor Enhancement so that you can Mentally Converse with Other People who also have the Linked Property so long as they are within 10 miles, Radiant for a Boost to Energy Resistances, Roaring for a Big Bonus on Initiative Checks and Reflection of Non Magical Projectiles that would deal 10 or less Damage to you.

You could get the entire Set of Fleet Warriors Array. It would not change your Speed directly but you would ignore Extra Movement Costs from Difficult Terrain, have a +2 Bonus on Initiative Checks, Freedom of Movement a few times each day, and a Once Per Day Dimension Door use! :D :D :D

Boots of Speed would give you a Big Speed Boost but they also give a Big Offensive Power Boost as well.

The Psychic Warrior Power Form of Doom gives a +10 Unnamed Bonus to Land Speed. Turning the Power into a Psychoactive Skin might be an option. Maybe the Psychoactive Skin would give only a couple of the Abilities Granted by the Power with the Option of putting Power Points into it to Charge it up for a Larger Portion of the Abilities?

Slaved

First Post
blargney the second said:
I've not found a way to get Adamantine Body down to medium armor for Speed of Thought. So I went the other way: get the Freedom mantle from Complete Psionic. It gives you +10' untyped speed as long as you're psionically focused.

There are three ways to get the Freedom mantle:
1) 1 level of Divine Mind (advantage: +2 Fort & Will, d10 HD, handy psychic auras)
2) 1 level of Ardent (advantage: more pps and powers known, +2 Will)
3) Take the feats Tap Mantle and Don Mantle (advantage: the powers go on your psywar list and you don't lose any manifester levels)

-blarg

I thought that you had to already have a Mantle in order to take any of the Mantle Feats but I do not have my Book with me to Check at the moment. :( :( :( :(

That is a lot of Feats though! The Skill Tricks from Complete Scoundrel might be a Better Option. Take Extreme Leap to get an Extra 10 Feet of Movement Once Per Combat or Run Up a Wall Once Per Combat could be enough! :D :D :D :D

Folly

First Post
Boots of Speed would be a good upgrade. While you would lose 10ft all the time, you would have 30ft for 10 rounds a day. Often 10 rounds can cover a days worth of combat, and in addition to the speed you gain +1 hit, +1 AC, +1 reflex, and +1 speed attack. Nice combination of offense and defense.

bigbaddragon

First Post
If you are willing to spend a feat you could get Dimension Hop power (Complete Psionic or Expanded Psionic Handbook, I'm AFB right now) which lets you teleport 10 ft as a swift action + you can augment it for more as IIRC.

Remove ads