Armor for wizards

Erekose13

Explorer
true. well i do have both proficiency and optimization as prereqs. so that is two feats or multiclass+1 feat. both hurt for wizards or sorcerors and would only be taken by martial wizards generally.

Bront

The man with the probe
I like the items at +2 and +4. +5 is pretty rough, and makes the armor get close to being Epic at that point. And, admitedly, -20 isn't so big that lots of heavy armor will be wearable with it.

Still, I think a feat may be better, particularly because a feat may favor multi-class builds, which have enough problems already.

Erekose13

Explorer
generally i like feats for multiclassing too. i'm biased in this case cause Tenebrynn has money to buy armor, he doesnt have 2 feats to spend yet. But either way I'd like to work on these to make them balanced, then let the other judges and the community choose which one would be best. I do not want both options as I feel that it would be too unbalanced to have a number of ways to lower the ACP.

Velmont

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I do not want both options as I feel that it would be too unbalanced to have a number of ways to lower the ACP.

I totally agree on that, on or the other, but not both, and I would rather go on teh feat than the magical item if it was only me, but I am not even a judge, so it is not only me... but as it it is for Tenebrynn, I will not complain too much, but it is just so many wizxard will have a Mithral Chain Shirt +1 of Lesser Casting instead of bracer of armor +5 (You save 15kgp, and it is just as good.)

Erekose13

Explorer
sounds like 2 votes for the feat. I'm going to take out (cross off) the magic item and I think we are ready for voting, baring more feedback from the community.

Patlin

Explorer
I still feel a bit ambivalent, mostly because I can't help but thinking about spellswords when I look at this feat. Since there is little or no chance that spellswords will be available in LEW though....

I vote YES on the feat.

Erekose13

Explorer
Bront, you said you preferred the feat to the armor enhancement. Having proposed that one officially is there anything more you would like to see from it?

Bront

The man with the probe
I've been waivering, but yeah, I'll vote YES to the feat. I like that it requires armor proficiency, which is something that I thing is taken advantage of by some casters who can ignore that (psions).

Remove ads