• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arrows Usable Once Only?

Danceofmasks

First Post
@Caliber
You get free load time. You do not get free draw time.
By the RAW, custserv is right ... but I'm with you that it's not RAI.

@BarkingDeathSquirrel
Shuriken are thrown weapons, same as daggers. So you still have to draw them.

Oompa

First Post
You can always hold 5 knives or shuriken in youre hand and pass one along each time you want to attack...

I've got an other question..

Are throwing daggers, shuriken, throwing hammers consumed on an attack?

Danceofmasks

First Post
No you can't. A dagger is a one handed (albeit with the off-hand trait). A hand axe is one handed (also with off-hand trait). They're technically the same size. And so are shurikens. In fact, since shuriken don't have the off-hand trait .. they're mechanically the same size as a rapier.

Thrown weapons aren't ammunition, so no ... they are not consumed when thrown.

jackston2

First Post
I suspect that in a more self-sufficient society than in our "just-buy-some-new" one, you would simply carry lot of spare arrow shafts and some waxed thread, and then re-use the arrowhead and the fletching of any broken, bent, or so-stuck-you-have-to-break-it arrows.

And, the fact that you need a gazillion arrows is purely an artifact of the hit point system. The fact that you need lots of hits instead of merely a single real good one to kill something means that any ammo-counting gets seriously out of whack. So, if you can accept HP because it makes a better game, then you can simply handwave ammo...

Good heavens... imagine... imagine this: what if the archer fired only one arrow per monster? Only the final arrow struck true and slew the monster, but every other attack was simply the monster spending hit points to get out of the archer's line of sight!

This is amazing

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads