[Arsenal Contest] Burgeddin the giant dwarf vs. Quillathe

stevelabny

Explorer
Yeah, I didnt realize at first that the Large glaive meant I couldn't attack 5 or 10 feet away either, and let you get way too close.

Funny thing is, I only took the duergar to counter trip/disarm tactics, and you didn't go that way at all.

The Nailo-Shalanth is basically designed as a guerilla warrior, using hit and run to wear down human opponents. In discussion with playtesters and editors it became abundantly clear that their finesse approach made them great against most people, but terrible against big monsters. Tripping is still a nice tactic to use to slow down opposition, but generally they go for defensive tactics. Cat and mouse, as you put it.

Well, you became the cat in that fight. It was still fun, though. I don't think your duergar looked Apache, though.

stevelabny

Explorer
No thats just me trying to drop in silly references whenever I can.

And yes, complete hit and run tactics would have beaten me, which is why I was baffled when you started the combat with a charge :D

But that was a fun way to spend some time while I plan out tomorrow's game.

Thanks for the contest.

Hey, she thought you were just a Dwarf. Her first attack was a charge, since she planned to get within your reach. When you got huge, she thought it was best to run for cover, and the nearest cover was the tree line behind you.

Hopefully this will give me some insight on how to battle the thresher half-orc with the Elf-bane spiked chain in the other thread. *grin*

It was a pleasure.

Remove ads