[Arsenal Contest] Burgeddin the giant dwarf vs. Quillathe

Aggressively, Quillathe leaps forward, slashing with her bladed whip at Burgeddin's face and sidestepping around him, trying to use his own size against him.

Her attack deals 2d6+4 from the whip, and 1d6 cold, so 3d6+4.
[dice]

Quillathe deals 9 damage.

Last edited:

stevelabny

Explorer
Yup. That's the right way to annoy big guys with reach weapons.

Burgeddin takes the attack of opportunity as he moves back into position.

Quillathe keeps her whip slicing the air, punishing Burgeddin for retreating, dealing 2d6+2 (14) damage.

[dice]

(Must speak with Russ about this dice-roller. It's certainly generous with d6s.)

Last edited:

stevelabny

Explorer
29 points of damage.

The glaive slashes across the elf's chest, dropping her in a pile on the forest floor.

"Next time, use BIGGER weapons."

Yipes. Just enough. Well played. You did 69 points of damage to her, she did 43 to you. If I'd been smarter, I would've run the other direction after you enlarged yourself, then taken cover in the trees. My plan was to hide in the treetops until your rage wore off, occasionally slashing at you with the whip. Of course your vertical reach would be 30 ft., but at least I could get a free extra points of AC from the tree cover.

Giant dwarves are scary.

Post your email address in the thread on the Main forum, and we'll send along your prize.

Oh, and for my own edification, I just want to see what I would've rolled if I'd tried to trip you. The first roll is mine (d20+1), the second yours (d20+17).

[dice]

Oh, actually, I would've gotten a second attack of opportunity, since you moved 10 ft., but an extra few points of damage wouldn't have made a difference.

Remove ads