• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art from Piratecat's story hour

Destil

Explorer
Comet Cycle

Hey, PC, did you ever have a description of the star formation that was supposted to trigger the comet cycle? I have an idea for some thing, but I’d like too make it look right if you had something specific in mind…

And of the stone seal on the Carceri portal, to, please? :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Wheee!

Craer, that's officially creeping me out. I keep looking at the blank holes for eyes and the little tail. . .

The star formation that triggered the comet cycle was never specified, so it can be anything you want. The shooting star (comet) that was pulled from the sky by the Imbindarlans came from a constellation known as the Gander, and specifically served as the goose's eye. The Imbindarlans triggered the spell that yanked it from the heavens and created the conjunction by starting a war, sending thousands of captive commoners onto the battlefield disguised like real soldiers, and using their life energy as they got slaughtered to trigger the spell. Then that night, they used the remaining energy to cast a massive animate dead so they could have a real army. . .

Tovag Baragu (stolen directly from Greyhawk, thank you very much) is on top of a desert mountain way out in Kanach'Hur, the desert of the screaming sands. The stone circle is made up of three concentric circles of massive stone plinths. Odd lights and visions play between the stone uprights. The exact center of the stone circles is a shallow vertical cave, and that's where the actual seal is. This is where Velendo fought his nemesis and lost much of his strength before using his shield's talisman of pure good to send the man hurtling eternally to the center of Spira.

Here's ANOTHER Mara. Would have been more than just a mugshot except the rest of it started to bother me. Not all that happy with this either, but I figured I'm too critical on my own stuff. The armor is roughly based on her armor from littlejohn's awesome picture of her on the first page. :)

I'll have something better eventually. Not just Mara either, hopefully.

Attachments

• Mara(Pcat).jpg
    Mara(Pcat).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 260

Destil

Explorer
Eye of the Gander

Well, my attempts at Tovag Baragu and star formations aren't really satisfying me (may head up into the mountains and get some pictures to Photoshop), but here's what I do have so far...

Attachments

• eye-of-the-gander.png
    eye-of-the-gander.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 308

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Destil, wow, that's just. . . wow.

Gorgeous.

I wish I had it as an illustration when we ran those games.

A-MG, thank you! you can never have too many Maras. (see today's story hour update for proof of that.) I'd love to see more.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Run for your lives. It's the return of the bad stick art! Spoiler stick art no less. For your consideration, Mr. Cat, a picture of Mechanus.

Attachments

• modron.jpg
    modron.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
I'm attempting to commission from my wife a picture of Malachite and Mara standing over the beaten Ivory King. I gave her a few pictures of villains and heroes I imagined them like and Pkitty's description of the scene but she's not a regular reader.

She's kinda busy, but I've been reading this story hour so long I feel invested in it and would like to see us give a contribution.

Here's hoping. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads