• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art of Dragon HC

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I still enjoy the "Art of" books TSR published in the 80s. I'll definitely look at this and most likely add it to my collection.

It's funny; to me, art seems to have a lesser place in 3E than in older editions. To me, 1E and 2E are heavily colored by Elmore, Easley, Caldwell, Valusik, DiTerlizzi, and others. While 3E has some fan-favorite artists, like WAR, Lockwood, and others, it seems more like window-dressing to me than an integral part of my gaming memory.

Maybe it's just me, and the fact that I'm older. I dunno.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Nice that the first two covers of the Dragon non-AP hardbacks feature Bahamut and Tiamat, respectively. Makes me wonder what's next -- is Sardior well known enough to bother with?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
"The Art of Dragon contains: Notes and anecdotes from artists and Dragon editors."

I really hope Erik managed to track down and persuade Roger Moore to write something for this collection. It would be really nice to hear from him again.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Cool. Not as cool as an Incursion compilation or Dragon Compendium 2 or Dungeon Compendium, but cool.

Get out of my brain! My exact thinking!

And don't forget Age of Worms compendium!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sleepy Voiced said:
CL =Cloth binding.
In the years I managed a bookstore HC was used pretty predominantly, CL not so much. It seemed a small nit to pick.
Especially since this isn't LibraryWorld.org. In Previews (the big comics catalog a lot of posters probably look through), hardcovers are always HC as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads