Artifact rules.

Hey there Grum_l! :)

Grum_l said:
Lucky me. :D

Probably helped with you being in a time zone comparable to my own.

Okay. Yes. However, the statted rulebook stuff was a bit vague here for me. That's why I looked for more info in forums in the past and now again.

If you ever need any help with my stuff you know where to find me mate.

...and I'll try and remember if its about 3E. :p

There is nothing like this in my pdf.

Ooops.

In my pdf the Anakim is ECL 57 and carries a +17 large adamantine everdancing, ghost touch, unholy power spiked chain.

I guess I did change a few things for the print version then. :eek:

Yes, it helped! Thanks!

:)

Alabaster is an example of a being who wields more than 4 artifacts, because overall the 6 items are as powerful as 4 items. Is the other way possible too, meaning to use just 2 artifacts that are as powerful as 4 things?

Not without unbalancing the game.

That said, an immortal could always wield artifacts too powerful for itself to control. But like mortals with artifacts, these immortals would possibly be dominated by the artifact (or some other affliction).

Grum_l

First Post
If you ever need any help with my stuff you know where to find me mate.

...and I'll try and remember if its about 3E. :p

Thanks! :)

Not without unbalancing the game.

That said, an immortal could always wield artifacts too powerful for itself to control. But like mortals with artifacts, these immortals would possibly be dominated by the artifact (or some other affliction).

Aha, yes. Okay. Thanks again!

Dante & Vergil

Explorer
In 3.0/3.5/3.Pathfinder, if I had an Artifact with a +234 modifier, what Immortal Rank would be able to have that Artifact as one of its four, and what Immortal Rank would be able to have that Artifact as its only one?

This took me a while to figure out way back (for some reason, it seems blindingly obvious now) but it's really pretty simple.

Think of it like this: a deity (or any character, really) has a set portion of their ECL (1/3 if you're going by the book) allotted for equipment, conventionally in the form of 4 artifacts.

So, if the deity chooses to give up an artifact for additional power (doesn't have to be divine abilities; could be increased divine bonus, increased stats, whatever) he gains a pool equal to 1/12 of his total ECL (1/3 (equipment ECL) x 1/4 (1 out of 4 artifacts) to play around with.

This conversion has led me, when statting up deities, to just give them all the divine abilities I feel are appropriate right off the bat, ignoring the granted slots from their template, and then, when finished, tally up the total ECL of the abilities and subtract the excess from their equipment ECL before working on their equipment.

Hopefully, that all makes sense. And sorry for the 200/216 mistake above. The difference is a bit negligible anyway, which I imagine was Upper_Krust's logic.

This is exactly what I do in campaign as well. It can get a little overwhelming as low level deities can have a literal menagerie of divine abilities but I make it a permanent choice, once liquidated an artifact can never be regained so it has a level of permanency and sacrifice on the part of the player or NPC to do.

I make it a simple +DR amount of divine abilities gained and allow bonuses to stats or special abilities or other ad hoc powers to be no more than the enchantment bonuses allowed by item creation. For example, a intermediate Deity could gain like a +42 to one ability score from an artifact, so they're able to instead add a +42 to one ability score without it. For less detailed things, like adding a generic bonus to all rolls or granting a passive buff to party members, I allow it up to the Deities divine rank.

Additionally regarding artifacts within my universe, I always make them the product of either the death of a God or god-like being or by a God releasing an artifact to get a new one, something I believe I read takes 50% of the God's Quintessence.

In 3.0/3.5/3.Pathfinder, if I had an Artifact with a +234 modifier, what Immortal Rank would be able to have that Artifact as one of its four, and what Immortal Rank would be able to have that Artifact as its only one?

Ahoy there Dante & Vergil,

my memory is a bit flakey on the subject but weapon/item power doubles every 2 steps of divinity.

So if a Demigod has a +24 weapon, an intermediate god could have a +48 weapon, etc. A +234 weapon is therefore in around the Demiurge Stage 1 bracket of power.

Must say I am at a loss as to the second part of your question....probably Old One...? (complete guess)

Remove ads