• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artist looking to do some fun sketches.

dpmcalister

Explorer
Savanak
A male human in his early thirties, Savanak is 5 ft. 10 in. and of medium build. He is of Suel original (Greyhawk) and his long, tousled mousey brown hair is tinted with silver at the temples. Likewise, his goatee-beard is also tinted with silver.

When travelling Savanak wears a heavy woollen cloak over his clothes and armour (a breastplate), while strapped to his backpack are his shield, an everburning torch (securely tied to the backpack so as to provide illumination without the need to hold it), and a quiver. Aside from his money pouch, his belt holds his longsword on the left and a heavy mace on the right, while, in his hands, he carries a white long bow.

Thanks for anything you can come up with.

Last edited:

snotling

Explorer
bobacus - pretty slick. I am impressed. Very inspiring as well.

I have a golbin Rogue (Rhgl - the R is silent). He, like most goblins is rather courious about things, and likes to tinker. (See the "Orcs on a Rampage" Story Hour for some good Orc/Goblin pc playing, rather fun). He fancies the Short Spear and the dagger. All he wears a bit of tatered hide armour. and does keep a pouch for what little gold he gets. (silly Orcs, take all the good sparklies)

Like the others have said, this is an awesome thread, and thank you for doing this.

-Snotling

Lalato

Adventurer
bobacus said:
Lalato,

Your next, but I have a few questions.

Does your character's clothes look more like a ESKIMO or more viking/nordic in nature?
Does his clothes look more primitive or nicer?

Hi bobacus...
sorry I didn't reply sooner. I keep forgetting that subscribing to a thread doesn't automatically send an e-mail anymore. :\

I would say more viking/nordic... and a bit on the primitive side. :)

Thanks a million...
--sam

bobacus

First Post
hello everyone,

I know I havent posted in a few days. Im sorry. I have been busy with family stuff. I am working on all of your ideas. I will try to post a few today. Dont worry I will get to you all. As I get more work on this thread and also get more paying work, my posts may be a few days apart, so dont worry. I also wanted to point out. If you pay for a drawing this puts you at the top of the list. With all of my requests and email I am about 10 or so characters behind. My goal is to get all these done by wednesday (before thanksgiving) so I will work my butt off. Thanks for all your understanding and expect alot of big posts soon!

dragonhand777

First Post
I appericiate what ever you can do!!!

Brogan Oakensheild
male mountain dwarf
ranger 8th/fighter 4th
52 years of age
4'9" in height
somewhat strong build (16 str.)
head is kept shaved bald
full beard is kept in a single braid, nearly to his belt
mithril chain shirt
leather kilt (like the romans used to wear)
wears gauntlets (of ogre power)
leather boots
wears a back pack and has some pouches that hang off his belt
Dwarven waraxe in primary (right) hand
Elvish short sword (named shylean*) in off (left) hand
has a mighty composite shortbow
and a Quiver of Elhonna

*shylean is actually a magical sword, it contains the soul of an elf. she talks to brogan, and is prone to absent minded whistling.

Last edited:

bobacus

First Post
Big post today.....

Hello everyone. I finished most of the requested pics. a few I'm still working on. Also remember I can upgrade any of these drawings thru paypal. SO don't hesitate!

So without further a do.....

Dralonxitz,
Here is your Star Wars character. I think he came out cool. I am still working on your fantasy character. Should have it soon. Enjoy!

starwars1.jpg

Arravis,
I hope this is what your looking for. He was a delight to draw. Enjoy!

elfblkharir.jpg

Bozidar,
Here is your character's sketch. Just give me the go ahead and Ill start to paint him. Or if you want some minor changes let me know. Enjoy!

elfsorc.jpg

Magus Coeruleus,
Here is yours. He was fun and challenging to draw. I hope you like him. Enjoy!

druidsorc.jpg

dpmcalister,
ANother great character to draw. I tried to steer away from the picture a little. I hope you like it. I know I do. Enjoy!

graybeard.jpg

Snotling,
What a fun character to draw! I inked it just for fun. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

goblin1.jpg

Presto2112,
Here is the second character off your list. Enjoy!
monkjump.jpg

That's awesome, bobacus! I especially like the way the top of the feather cape looks--it looks like the perfect roost for the familiar. I think it's telling how a good image can give you that kind of perspective. I never really visualized what the familiar being on Feanor's shoulder would look like other than vaguely, whereas now I can see him nestled in the those feathers at the top.

Thanks so much!

Idea for you, Bobacus

Hey Bobacus,

Here's an idea: Why not suggest your for-pay character art as holiday presents? Holidays are coming up and it occurred to me that a great gift for fellow gamers would be a drawing of their characters. DMs in particular can make it a surprise by telling their players that in the interest of a more complete background they want detailed writeups of their character's physical appearance. Those can then be given to you to draw and the price range is perfect.

I have a couple of questions regarding options and pay rates: Would it be possible to have a level with the following properties?

-Black and White ink
-One character only
-More control of sketch. (will receive proofs and you can make changes)
-no “Hard Copy”

In other words, like Brass but with one character only and a sketch proof. The sketch wouldn't actually need to be a true proof as in the final look in pencil before being inked, but just a rough drawing to allow feedback on the pose and overall look.

The other option I'm wondering about is the same as Bronze for a group shot but upgraded from pencil to black and white ink.

Thanks,
MC

IRON LEVEL = FREE!
-Give a brief description of your character
-Pencil sketch only
-One character only
-no “Hard Copy”

BRASS LEVEL = $10
-Black and White ink
-Up to 2 characters
-Can be Just 2 characters or a “scene”
-no “Hard Copy”

BRONZE LEVEL =$15
-Pencil Only
-Up to 2-10 characters
-Create a “scene” or Group type shot
-Hard copy available (Must pay for shipping)

SILVER LEVEL = $10
-Full color
-Give a brief description of your character (or one previously sketched)
-One character only
-no “Hard Copy”

GOLD LEVEL = $30
-Full color
-Up to 2 characters
-Can be Just 2 characters or a “scene”
-no “Hard Copy”

PLATINUM LEVEL = $50
-Full color
-Up to 2-10 characters
-Create a “scene” or Group type shot
-Hard copy available (Must pay for shipping)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads