• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aryana Players Fourm

Ajax

Explorer
Also, if Yasmeen and Catrika are staying together, we could tell them both about the conversation we had with that Angel and how the Ghinn are exploiting someone, and I forget what the second part of the message was.
Maybe e could split up and do what we need to this afternoon, and meet back where we are in the evening then o talk to Yasmeen together.
I'm assuming that everyone else has people to visit in town before they go. I guess Tariq wouldn't, but I think the other three of us do.
Perhaps, in going through the mountians, we'd be able to find members of the Jehna resistance and find out what's going on with them. We could see if they would also be welcomed in Phrada, if they want to go there.
Wouldn't mind finding Epiphilates, too. He's just one notch behind Volgar for Ajax, with Volgar, it's personal.

Ajax

Explorer
That Monk thread, by the way, seems to have just degenerated into rules lawyering.

I think that some good points were made about the advantages of an elf (or any medium sized character) over a halfling, some of their points, however, don't realize the extent to which this is a low-magic campaign, at least so far.
Also, there could be an easy backstory fo a Paree survivor from Jehna, maybe he is, or thinks he is the only one, who would have an easy, built-in motivation to kill the Ghinn and could easily be incorporated into our campaign.

But an intagible was overlooked with regard to the Halfling.
There is a tremendous, inherent coolness factor to a halfling monk which other races don't really come close to.
Come on, three feet of barechested, screaming halfling fury, tough to beat that image.

MarauderX

Explorer
Ajax said:
That Monk thread, by the way, seems to have just degenerated into rules lawyering.

I think that some good points were made about the advantages of an elf (or any medium sized character) over a halfling, some of their points, however, don't realize the extent to which this is a low-magic campaign, at least so far.
Also, there could be an easy backstory fo a Paree survivor from Jehna, maybe he is, or thinks he is the only one, who would have an easy, built-in motivation to kill the Ghinn and could easily be incorporated into our campaign.

But an intagible was overlooked with regard to the Halfling.
There is a tremendous, inherent coolness factor to a halfling monk which other races don't really come close to.
Come on, three feet of barechested, screaming halfling fury, tough to beat that image.

Well, image is kinda dead now, twice. Not so worried about that as just surviving right now. If Corey wasn't so nice I would be starting at barely 3rd level would have been even harder to survive.

I agree with the whole halfling monk theory, but just looking from the power gamer side of things the halfling can't compete as well as a tricked out human. All of the other stats aside, the higher Int and the feats easily outweigh the halfling's, and I will be able to max out more skills than having less skills that are only marginally better. Having 5 feats to choose from right from the start is a much better advantage than having Still Mind and Slow Fall.

I kinda have a back story no matter which race I end up with although I have no clue on halflings in this setting. Human and elf would be easiest to do and having them incorporated with the party. By the way, I may write some of you in it during a chance encounter, so I may just post the whole thing here for you all to read through, make fun of, etc.

Too bad we aren't using 3.5, as the monk features are really different with ki strike coming much sooner, and the 'small' monk speed is only 10' slower per level. I shall dwell on this a fortnight and see which direction the guru on top of the Sind Killers says...

Oh, and welcome to the boards! I love EN world so much more than WotC... much better perspective IMO.

Last edited:

Ajax

Explorer
What was Medhi's Mentor's name in Phrada? and might we find him trustworthy? as far as we could speculate about NPC's motivations, that is.
Also, was Roxana a creation of his backstory? If not I'm assuming she's all Corey's

Cyris

First Post
Just to let ya'll know Cyris will be staying here 'till the house is fixed. (it may go faster if ya'll pitch in :) The only way Cyris will not stay is if he can get/pay others to fix up the place in his stead. Regardless Cyris will be in town for at least a week. After that I think that hitting the mines on the way to Cyopolis is a good idea. We do need to get the discs back but I would be carefull about who we told about them. We still dont know what they are for or who is best to give them to. Personally I would feel safer if we were to show them to a W.O.W. first and see what they say about them.

MarauderX

Explorer
>cough< Fixing up a place would be the perfect way to meet a new, energetic friend longing to leave the city in a short while. >cough, hire the bald guy to help, cough<

Ajax

Explorer
Are you going to buy the cheap house? If you want the better one, Ajax can loan you some money, (interest doesn't exist, and I'm not about to invent it, so don't worry) if that would make a difference. He doesn't like seeing his friends live in poverty. And he'd much rather help that way than break a sweat.
It would still take some time in town while purchasing the house and doing minor repairs, I'd imagine. Perhaps you could find a bald guy to help with those.
Three weeks in town is a long time for the Ghinn to fortify.

Felix

Explorer
A few weels in town? I was thinking more like a few days then we split to cyrisville. We need those discs. We're coming back anyway, right? I mean, if Jehna is overrun, where else are we going to stay? I figure we can get our apartments later. I'll be shacked out at the new Dissenting sanctum anyway: that's going to be one tricked out pad once I'm done with it. Heh.

And who has all this money? THE MONEY IS FOR THE MINDLESS, remember???

Remove ads