as long as we are on half-orcs and half-elves..

Hakkenshi

First Post
Doesn't Hackmaster have Gnomelings and such? :D
Those who are secure enough in their role-playing identity may feel like borrowing the ideas from that system...

The fact is that in general, subraces of Half-Orc and Half-Elf could almost be represented by the ability scores the character ends up with. A charismatic Half-Orc is more likely to come from human or even elven stock, while a tougher one might be the result of a Dwarf-Orc pairing.

More to the point is why anyone would willingly mate with an Orc.
Unless it's an Ogre, which is even uglier :D

Voadam

Legend
From the MM

Half Fiend, Half Celestial, Half Dragon,

From, I believe, Asgard 1 a whole article on doing halves and further subdivisions.

From some print magazine, a half tech template.

I also remember the 1e MM stating that orcs are quite fecund with half goblins, and half most everything.

Half elves and elvish blood appears in the elfstones of Shanara, et al series of books.

The AEG supplement _monsters_ has many half-crossbreeds for those who want em. (I don't own it and can't comment on the quality).

The Mythic Races book has a halfling hound archon mix race as well.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Re: Think about it

CRG said:
Friend of mine has a dog, half golden retriever half dauschund. Father was the wiener dog (er no pun intended).

Talk about logistical problems while mating. That's probably why we don't see alot of half-gnome, half-orcs.

Huh. Try Malmute and Terrier.

Oh, how I pitied that poor little dog.

On topic, ICE (in one of their many maulings of Tolkien) have Umli, which are half dwarves.

And I have used gnomes (which were more like dwarves than D&D gnomes) as a half-dwarf/half-gnoll (although this was the ICE type Gnoll, not the D&D gnoll).

Last edited:

fuindordm

Adventurer
Zani

My campaign has a gnome/halfling crossbreed named the Zani, although I didn't add any special traits (just saying that they tend to take after one or the other parent). Here's the link if you're interested:

Races of Fuindor

If I were to create a separate set of bonuses for this crossbreed, it would look like this:

-2 Str, +2 Dex
Small, base speed 20', etc.
low-light vision
+2 to Listen, Tumble, Jump, Move Silently
Gnome illusion cantrips
+1 to saving throws
+1 to hit with thrown weapons
Favored class: rogue or illusionist (choose one)

--Ben

Frosty

First Post
Oh, how I miss the mul (half-dwarf). It was a darned shame it only existed on Athas. I hope they add the mul in MMII. I also hope it will be about as good as the half-elf and not that Dark Sun monstrosity with a minimum strength of 27 (or what ever it was).

bwgwl

First Post
in my (currently backburnered) campaign world, hobgoblins aren't a separate race -- they're just human-goblin hybrids. i posted the stats here awhile ago, i'd have to dig through my old files to find 'em again.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
CS Lewis' Narnia Chronicles feature half-dwarfs so there is some literary precedent (prior to Athas)

I'd so they other half-breedings don't exisit for cultural reasons as much as biological ones. Half-gnolls would be killed and either eaten or discarded (depending on the mothers race) as whelps.

Goblins are just lesser Orcs and so they breed as Goblinoids and get called Goblins or Orcs depending on their appearance

Now the concept of a Gnome-giant cross is just to perverted to consider

Remove ads