as long as we are on half-orcs and half-elves..

Agback

Explorer
alsih2o said:
does anyone have an explanation for why we see half-elves and half-orcs, but no half-dwarves, half-halflings, or half-goblins, half-gnolls, half-kobolds, or half-trogs?

It is simply because half-elves and half-orcs appear in Tolkien, while people with other mixed ancestries do not. And this in turn might be because in Middle-earth elves, humans, and orcs were all Children of Iluvatar, while dwarves, ents, trolls and so forth, the other speaking peoples, were not. But that doesn't explain why there were no half-hobbits, or quarterlings.

In other writers' settings things are different (no orcs, for a start). CS Lewis had a man-dwarf in Prince Caspian, but it just so happens that the Narnia Chronicles are not a big influenc on D&D.

Regards,

Agback

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
I thought Tallfellow haflings (or something like that) were supposed to have some elven blood. Or maybe I'm just making it up. Who knows?

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Half-Kobold?! Beyond the genetics the logistics of that mating are just bizzare in they extreme, I don't even wanna think about it.

And would this new hybrid hatch from an egg? That would probably depend on the race of the mother. This is just getting too bizarre for me to think about.

Ace

Adventurer
kingpaul said:

I actually did this from my campaign, and submitted the race to our NBoRaces. I called them the D'Nulm

Good Race! I don't have PC gnomes IMC but I like them none the less. Good show

Maldur

First Post
In Mary Gentle's GRUNTS, the Half-Orc-Half-Halfling is featured, and for the mating: the halfling women was enjoying herself, immensely.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Half-Kobold?! Beyond the genetics the logistics of that mating are just bizzare in they extreme, I don't even wanna think about it.

You're fortunate. The logistics of a kobold-human mating came up in a game of Once Upon a Time last night.

One player declared that the curse the Princess was suffering under could only be broken by the love of a kobold.

Another player took that and, uh, ran with it.

Ick.

-Hyp.

Breakstone

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

You're fortunate. The logistics of a kobold-human mating came up in a game of Once Upon a Time last night.

One player declared that the curse the Princess was suffering under could only be broken by the love of a kobold.

Another player took that and, uh, ran with it.

Ick.

-Hyp.

"You want Meepo to do what???"

Remove ads