Ascension 2023

Another Krustacean Kwestion. (Sorry Krusty).

No apologies necessary amigo - ask away.

I appreciate the interest and the support.

If an immortal voluntarily provides quintessence to another immortal, is it at a 1 to 1 ratio? Resonance shows quintessence to a mortal burns 10 for every 1 (it's inefficient). You keep the 1/10th where an immortal destroys another, but what about a voluntary transfer?

I think 1:10 is the most viable ratio. Its definitely never going to be a 1:1. Hypothetically speaking there could be Divine/Cosmic (etc.) abilities that decrease the ratio. But quintessence is such a personal thing, I'd just keep it at 1:10. Prevents abuse that way,

Bootlebat

Explorer
Who is the guy on page 54-55? I assume he's a demiurge since the pages start talking about demiurges, but other than that I don't know. He looks like a guy with a 3rd eye on his forehead and a weird necklace

Hey amigo! :)

Who is the guy on page 54-55? I assume he's a demiurge since the pages start talking about demiurges, but other than that I don't know. He looks like a guy with a 3rd eye on his forehead and a weird necklace

I didn't have a specific entity in mind. I got the original artwork from Shutterstock, I liked the pose, then I painted over the top to have him with the planet necklace and reaching for a planet, and added the third eye and a bunch of other tweaks.

I was thinking that a star-sized being would potentially be able to grab planets like baubles.

So he is someone that fits within the low Demiurge tier (in 3E at least) but I didn't have something specific in mind (unlike pretty much all the other illustrations).

"Collector of Worlds"...?

Question,for "universe" spanning divine auras. Let's say a time lord cruised into a layered plane (9 hells, Abyss). Does each infinite layer count as one universe, or would they span the entire Abyss/9 Hells?

And does the Digestio transcendental ability also grant to the victor the feats possessed by the defeated?

Last edited:

Question,for "universe" spanning divine auras. Let's say a time lord cruised into a layered plane (9 hells, Abyss). Does each infinite layer count as one universe, or would they span the entire Abyss/9 Hells?

Layers are funny things because they sometimes bleed into one another.

My stance is, if you can physically walk/fly from one layer to another then its in the same universe. If you have to use magical travel to access somewhere, its its own universe.

I think with the Hells and the Abyss (and Mount Celestia) you can walk/fly between layers in certain places. Therefore the Abyss is one universe.

And does the Digestio transcendental ability also grant to the victor the feats possessed by the defeated?

Only if you want to have extra book-keeping.

Thanks as always. It looks like the answer is yes here, but to clarify does Digestio gain you the victims class levels if (for example) the victim has more class levels in a class than the victorious entity using the power? And for more esoteric use, does it grant you the knowledge possessed by the defeated or is the ability truly limited just to powers? The flavor indicates that you gain "all aspects of a defeated opponent that are more powerful" than you, but provides example and not specifics. Would knowledge be power here? So, if for example, the defeated power had more skill ranks [knowledge], would that go to the victor as well? Let's assume book-keeping is not a factor here :)

Last edited:

Thanks as always.

Happy to help amigo! :)

It looks like the answer is yes here, but to clarify does Digestio gain you the victims class levels if (for example) the victim has more class levels in a class than the victorious entity using the power? And for more esoteric use, does it grant you the knowledge possessed by the defeated or is the ability truly limited just to powers? The flavor indicates that you gain "all aspects of a defeated opponent that are more powerful" than you, but provides example and not specifics. Would knowledge be power here? So, if for example, the defeated power had more skill ranks [knowledge], would that go to the victor as well? Let's assume book-keeping is not a factor here :)

Actually I have just read over the Digestio ability.

Strictly speaking you don't gain feats...but it probably makes sense that you would gain them.

You gain higher ability scores.
You gain higher hit dice totals.
You gain divine/cosmic/trans/omnific abilities that you don't already possess. Technically it says you only gain abilities of a higher tier than you normally have. That is a bit harsh - but I probably put that there for balance reasons. If you can just gobble up a bunch of weaker immortals and end up with potentially hundreds of new powers its a bit unbalanced...although by this point everything is a bit unbalanced.

I would say you gain their knowledge, yes.

I would also say you gain their caster ability/skills.

So if you eat a Level 40 Wizard you would gain the abilities of a Level 40 Wizard (unless you already had those), but you don't gain any more Hit Dice unless you only had less than 40 Hit Dice yourself.

Remove ads