Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

ajanders

Explorer
Michael is not surprised: it's what he'd do in the Captain's place.
It may be the right thing to do, too.

"Very well, Captain. How can I assist you here?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We still need patrols to make sure that the Plague victims do not circumvent the quarantine. If you stay and help with that, it will serve a double role, as that way, if you Turn, the rest of the patrol should be able to put you down before you hurt someone."

ajanders

Explorer
"I'll be pleased to do with that. The patrolling part, not the Turning and being put down. Obviously, I'm not looking forward to that."

Michael shrugs apologetically and moves to gather up his pack.
"What time -- after my prayers -- should I accompany your patrol?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If your prayers are at First Light, then you can go out with the patrol at Half-Sun. If you have healing left when the patrol returns, we may be able to use that too."

ajanders

Explorer
"Then I will go with the patrol at half-sun." Michael says quietly.
"It will be well for me to have some time to meditate."

"Captain, where ought I to camp and put my horse?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Alright then, good. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Chaplain, what about the items?"

"The evil only has lingering auras, even the dark elven items. Should we...?"

"No, he's not trying to leave the quarantine. There's no reason to confiscate them...for the moment. If he succumbs, we'll put these under my personal guard," the lieutenant replies, giving Michael back the bag, "If there's nothing further, you're dismissed, for now."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael accepts his dismissal, goes off, and attempts another survival check for a browse bed.
Or a quick lean-to with a fire in front of it.

Survial check (1d20+7=27)

Michael apparently spontaneously assembled a log cabin with running water, feather beds, and a stables.
Or at least, he hopes, a permanent structure he can return to tomorrow.

Now why couldn't I have done that well in there?
he wonders.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Michael creates a makeshift leaf-and-canvas tent with sturdy wooden supports, perfect for a quick rest.*

(OOC: If he does rest, apply the 3900 XP from above, which probably levels him)

Remove ads