Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ooo, let me just say that my GM 'really-not-a-good-idea' senses are tingling strongly on that smashing thing--for the record, that was also the item that it would have been better if he left with Zaeryl to which I sort-of alluded back in that earlier cryptic warning. I think there is a decent-to-strong probability that if you do the proposed action, somewhere down the line relatively soon it is going to lead to Michael being brutally tortured and killed. This warning is totally metagame, yes, but I don't like seeing my players have their characters brutally tortured and killed :( Let me know, either way.

And in happier news--)

*The amulet bears mystic runes for the most part, but some of the symbols are words. One of the words reads ''Courage", another reads "Determination", and a third reads "Hope".*

ajanders

Explorer
As the amulet is saying the first encouraging words Michael has heard since he left Orussus, he puts it on.
If he finds out it's a necklace of strangulation, after all, he doesn't have to worry about what to do with the holy symbol.
(PS: What language is the amulet? I need one for my int bonus and need some excuse to spontaneously learn one.)

Assuming he survives, Michael wonders just what he ought to do with the symbol. It seems like a bad idea to carry it and worse to give it to someone.
If he had the time, he'd be inclined to hang it on a tree, wait for the priestess and then beat the devil out of her. Michael doesn't feel he has that time.
Chucking it into a skunk den is his next idea, and he could probably find a skunk den, but it seems hard on the skunk.
After a moment, he decides to go visit the cleric of Aswan and ask his opinion. And what the spell is that determined he was infected.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You actually don't learn a new language when you pick up additional Int. Int is really the black sheep of the family as far as retroactive stuff. As to the language, it seems the same as the non-drow language in the ruins, so that would be Old Medibarian if Aglaia was correct / telling the truth)

*The necklace doesn't do anything bad, or even anything noticable. Michael heads over to find the chaplain, who is still praying to Azwan. When he finishes, he looks up.*

"Brother Michael...have you come to have me check the progress of your affliction?"

ajanders

Explorer
"If you would. I don't feel notably more violent than I did yesterday, and my meditation has been very good. What spell do you use to to determine the spread of the infection?"

ajanders

Explorer
Michael nods.
"I have the spell, but no grounds for comparison from yesterday. I don't think there's any hurry, if you want to stand me next to some other people. Also, I have another question where I'd be very grateful for your advice."
He holds up the holy symbol of Amphousa.
"Someone very unpleasant is going to come looking for this. Any thoughts about the best way to make it a miserable experience for them?"
Ohh...lash it to a dire porcupine...

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, I'll put you up with the other soldiers who are in danger so I can check you all at once."

"Someone unpleasant? You could give it to me, I guess. Only a fool would attack a large outpost of armed men."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael bites his lip.
"I have a bad feeling about this. Sometimes Sela speaks to me. Rarely does she bring good news.
If you take this, I think you're putting a big target on yourself. Are you infected?"

(Michael tries to remember if the clergy of Azwan is chaste or celibate.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No, they needn't be chaste or celibate)

"No, I'm fine for now. I was never on the front, so I wasn't exposed to it in the air or however it spreads other than the bites," the chaplain explains, "I suppose you could leave it with the lieutenant if you think it's that dangerous--or if it's too dangerous to even have here, build a trap or something and leave it out in the wilds."

ajanders

Explorer
Great. Michael thinks. Now I can worry about the poor sod's family.

"That's not a bad idea." Michael replies, and goes over to stand near the other soldiers to be checked.
Skunk den. Definitely a skunk den. It won't slow her down very much, but after she gets it she'll have to sneak up on people from upwind.

Remove ads