Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Not that he sees. It's quite possible. I mean, it's a lot of treasure. Clearly over 100,000 GP worth. There could be something in there. Of course, he has no idea what's magical. Even the crossbow bolts could be)

"Aye, truly. And that's how you can be sure I'll win without hurting your other friends. So why don't you leave now as an act of goodwill. Unless you plan on, how did you put it, 'throwing a tantrum' too?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'll point out that he's the one with such dishonour and disrespect for your word that he attacked me after you called a truce," Aglaia mentions.

(OOC: Zaeryl was kind of sneaky initiative-wise, and he waited until just after Aglaia had to renew her spell to break it, thus Ironwolf gets a turn before Aglaia can react or fly up or attack or whatever. Will he wait for her though?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Uhh, I think Zaeryl broke the truce ;) You couldn't blame even a Paladin who made a truce for fighting back at this point, y'know)

*Aglaia strikes at the construct that attacked her four times, shattering it into a puddle of ectoplasm, then she beats her wings just slightly and moves five feet diagonally up and forward.*

"What now, treacherous one? You can't reach with just one construct. Do you really want to die?"

"From the looks of this treasure, one share is worth more than a True Resurrection. We won't be able to bring Almayce, or anyone else you murder while we leave you alone here, back from the dead with our current funds. The solution is simple."

"Such foolish illogic..." Aglaia scoffs, "What are you going to do? Your only ranged attack is that crossbow, and I daresay, it won't do much. Plus, I can heal myself with magic, or even Almayce's wand, on the off chance you score a critical blow."

Patlin

Explorer
That was pretty much Ironwolf's thought.

Heck, she could teleport away, drain the entire wand, and then teleport back...

...pause...

But if she could, why hasn't she? Either because she's afraid we'll steal some treasure or because she can't. If she can't, could this possibly be a winnable battle? It seems unlikely.

"There's nothing more to be accomplished here, Zaeryl. We can't even engage this enemy in a meaningfull way. With her ability to shrug off minor blows and her ability to remain airborn, she can resist our attacks indefinitely. We cannot resist hers for any significant length of time. Come away before the situation deteriorates further."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No. You can do what you want, but we will root around in here until we find magic arrows, a cognizance crystal to conjure another flying construct, a magic carpet, or...something..."

"That is folly. But do as you wish. I will simply heal myself. Make one more attack against me, and, with Hyrag as my witness, I will make you regret it."

'Come on, help us look for something...Of course, if you had just listened and got her on the ground while she thought we couldn't attack her...Ah well. What's done is done.'

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf sighs, tending to agree that Zaeryl's goal is folly, but he looks around at the treasure nearby. Anything look enchanted? In an effort to satisfy the psion, he will try on some likely looking periapt or ring.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: As I mentioned, the only things he can see right now without digging around, searching, or moving elsewhere are gold, gems, and a sheaf of crossbow bolts.)

Remove ads