• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf turns to face Zaeryl and Aglia.

"You guarantee the safety of all my companions, should we comply with your terms?"

If she answers in the affirmative, Ironwolf will call to Zaeryl to come with him.

I'm not sure this is the right thing to do, but somehow she's got me thinking resuming the fight would be somehow dishonest... not to mention, I'd probably get us all killed, and I'd never get the information on the cure out to those who need it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: On a metanote, if you do leave now, she's going to do as she said and take the entire treasure room worth of treasure)

"Of course. I have no vested interest in seeing them harmed. Leave now and they shall be safe. I am glad that at least someone here has some semblance of honour"

'You can't trust her. It would be folly.'

*Zaeryl sends a stream of random psionic jargon that spells out:*

'GET HER TO LAND--WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME FOR THIS.'

Patlin

Explorer
"Come on Zaeryl, we've done all we can here. We need to get to a squad of healers for the afflicted townsfolk as soon as possible, not to mention for us and for our companions once we recover them."

ooc: re the meta note, Ironwolf understood that. He's of the opinion that rejoining battle will likely get all of his companions killed. A single area effect, and everyone now unconcious is dead. He might be able to reengage and still get away, he might even be able to win if he was especially lucky... but it's unlikely he could do so without significant additional fatalities. He'd rather have live poor friends than dead rich friends.

As you suggested earlier, Ironwolf without Psychic Strike is a lot less likely to hurt Aglia even if she is within reach, and over the duration of the calm emotions any fast healing or regeneration she might have has probably worsened the odds considerably.

He's not thrilled with having to trust Aglia, but the alternatives seem worse.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She doesn't appear to be fast healing, and the constructs are still up for the moment, and they can hurt her pretty well. In fact, Zaeryl wants Ironwolf to hurry up because even Zaeryl doesn't know how much longer the constructs will last. Zaeryl's hoping that he can get a few more hits on her, such that she'll be in danger of being knocked out and then flee (unwilling to risk her own life over the gear here). Statistically it seems fairly likely, assuming Ironwolf could trick Aglaia onto the ground.

Anyway, it won't work unless she lands, so I guess that's it for the treasure if you're sure? Just let me know. It's a shame, it's a lot of treasure.)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Ironwolf's made his decision, so unless Zaeryl refuses to comply, that's final. One thing, though: How did Aglia effect the astral constructs with a mind affecting spell in the first place?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She never did. And the solution Zaeryl found is that the constructs can attack Zaeryl, which breaks the spell because someone attacked one of the affected. Of course, the constructs can't fly...)

*Zaeryl scoffs.*

"Fool."

*He looks up to Aglaia.*

"We shall not leave. Do your worst, abomination."

"Oh, I can tell that killing you won't really make much of a difference, now will it. I wish I knew what was going on in that mind of yours...All I can see is the conflict of the soul...But you, the one in control, you have no soul. And you call me an abomination? I have a heart, and a soul. And I can love."

"Ironwolf, help me out here and get this crazy person out of the room, please? If he starts up a brawl that involves area effects, one of your other friends might get hurt, you know?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Do you find it effective to throw arguments back at me that you filched from my own thoughts? Have a care, I may be perverse enough to reject them when I hear them out loud. If you and Zaeryl fight, all bets are off. Perhaps you ought to try and convince him, I'm sure I won't have much luck. I believe he's more attached to the cash than to the lives of our friends."

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf will attempt to use autohypnosis, attempting to manipulate the raw energy floating about in the room, hoping to reverse the negative level or perhaps regain one or more power points.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Not that kind of energy field, unfortunately--it augments what you do, but when you have 0, it isn't very accomodating. You could look for an item or something that would help--)

*Looking around near him, Ironwolf sees in his general area some piles of coins, some gems, and a sheaf of crossbow bolts.*

"I don't think either of us will. This...thing, whatever it is, it scares me. And when the priestess of Amphousa says that, you know something's not right. I mean, I know most people are frightened by the countenance of demons, but I think that most of them are cute. But this guy? Gives me the chills."

"I mean, I do have the power to Dominate Person in my newfound form. I don't use it on you because I respect you, Ironwolf, and I respect your decision to choose. I don't use it on him because he's not even close to being human..."

'Please, you think our friends are safe in the hands of this madwoman?'

*Suddenly, one of Zaeryl's constructs climbs on the other's back, giving it enough height to take a swing at Aglaia with its extended reach, but it misses badly. Meanwhile, the other construct takes a swing at Zaeryl, which also misses, but the aggressive action against Zaeryl breaks the Calm Emotions spell.*

"Big mistake, little man."

"Ironwolf, you've been a dear so far. You can just head on out right now and you'll be safe--I'll even avoid hitting your other friends. A Psion without any power left? Hmmph, I won't need to use Area Effects to finish this one off. I can't help but feel I'll be doing you a favour."

Patlin

Explorer
"Come, now... avoiding Zaeryl's little tantrum is trivial for you. There's no way he can fight you unless you allow it."

Anything in the treasure or on the unconcious people that might provide flight or spider climbing? Or perhaps a net?

Remove ads