Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: OK, so my attempt at flavor text is all screwed up by the rules, and could not have happened. Bummer. 20 points of natural healing is nice, though. I suppose Ironwolf is at something like 12 of 12 pp and 43 of 50 hp, and 24 hours has passed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sadly, yes. Stupid RAW! Sometimes it just leaves you raw...or something)

*After resting for a full day, the group has recovered fairly well, except Almayce, though Almayce doesn't have too much health to recover in the first place. Near the end of their rest, Zaeryl approaches, without Michael. He is wearing a circlet. He looks around with a smirk.*

"So you are all alive. Good. The priest decided that he liked his Fallonese friends more than us, so he went back to them. He also took everything we found in a treasure hoard down there along with him, and he would give us nothing to bring to you, except the Circlet we are wearing right now and a wand he wanted Almayce to have in return for the healing wand. Before you ask--no, he wouldn't give back the healing wand."

*Zaeryl withdraws a dark ebony wand with a black widow spider motif as if spiders and webs were crawling over the wand.*

"Voila, what Michael has left us of the seven items. Probably not a healing wand, but that is Michael Grannion for you. Why he wanted to keep the magic longsword, for instance, when he can't use it is beyond us. He said he's probably returning to Orussus if he can after he reports to the Fallonese too...Perhaps they will not let him out of the quarantine now that he has been inside?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Could you get any sort of feel for the dark energies we tried to destroy? Did we make them weaker or stronger in the process?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What...you mean you didn't feel the power flare up after you destroyed the seal? We would have thought that you and Eternity would both feel it too...perhaps not."

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"What...you mean you didn't feel the power flare up after you destroyed the seal? We would have thought that you and Eternity would both feel it too...perhaps not."

"I was hoping for a more expert opinion than my own. If one pops a water baloon, for example, there is a large flow of water but then the water stops. I held out some small hope it was something like that."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, you certainly didn't destroy the evil. We and the cleric sensed it...we had to go deeper before we could get out--there is a vast cavern full of Afflicted, and the evil energy permeates...they are growing bigger down there, more feral, and there are non-Afflicted who are slowing transforming and tearing their former loved ones to shreds..."

Patlin

Explorer
"Anyone got any idea what we can do about that? At least we don't have to go searching for Michael, if you know he got out."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"As you wish...We were expecting as much, so you should find us uniquely outfitted for another large encounter...we won't be caught unprepared this time..."

Remove ads