Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: a bit confused here, do we get xp for the level whoch we where when we fought these guys (lvl 4 for Hulgyr) or the level we had attained but not yet could use because we needed a rest?

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"So what now? We seem to have been outplayed, outnumbered, and outmatched. The town is empty. The caves seemed eerily still as well. We may well be too late. Is there a point in continuing?"

"We should've rested before trying to go back in, we underestimated these things and it cos us badly. We should also make a more strenuous effort to prevent them from gaining the advantage of a standing fight -- it allows them to use claws and bite to greater effect, we should keep moving if possible. First, though, we must fully recover."

Ironwolf sets his mind to the task.

7 pp Body Adjustment (3d12=19, 3d12=22)

8 of 22 pp remaining. 41 hp healed. I'm not sure how damaged he was, but if he has 5 points or more damage remaining, he'll do it a 3rd time. 3rd time, if needed (3d12=15)

Ironwolf should be 100% combat ready if we can get in another nights rest.

B4cchus

Explorer
After Hulgyr has discussed the battle, the importance of socks and the magnificance of the greatsword he inspects his wounds. "Hulgyr is still hurt a lot. Michael, you heal us just as you did before"
He looks at Zaeryl for a while, seemingly thinking, "Those humans sound brave seeking death, but they should have done fighting. We must rest or get fixed. I have learned lot form the big fight. How many more can there be? Think we should find a way around the biggest numbers or fight like a wolf, biting many small bites." Then he sits back again, pondering those many thoughts that busy his small brain.

Patlin

Explorer
"While I agree with you, Hulgyr, I fully expect it's gotten significantly worse in there while we retreated. We've given the evil ones too much time to consolidate power. Unless we're prepared to have that power start spreading across the land, though, we need to go back in."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Ironwolf looks about to heal himself, Zaeryl crinkles his nose.*

"We may have underestimated them, but we moved at the right time. The critical flaw was letting that one escape and then saving the villagers and losing time and surprise. That was a stalling tactic, that last group that nearly defeated us, and it worked. That's probably because whatever happened to the village was going to happen and she wanted us not to reach her first. She also obviously knows where we were headed, so she definitely won't make the mistake of leaving things there three times."

"We suggest letting the Clerics heal you if they have enough available, Ironwolf, rather than blowing everything you have on it. Two days is too much. We have the feeling she'll be gone by then for sure. She may be gone now. The Afflicted count was oddly lower--this may be the last time to strike."

Erekose13

Explorer
"All those people we freed... We need to try and help them. We've proven that the Affliction can be reversed if it hasn't progressed too far. And unless we want an entire Fallonese army of afflicted we need to stop if we can." agrees Eternity.

ooc: maybe I'm just still sleep deprived but I don't know what you said when talking about hit points? Also are we full up on PP after sleeping, or do we need a proper full nights rest?

(OOC: So she'll gain 6 from resting and be at zero, plus she has tons of Con, so like 12 to maximum and current for leveling I believe)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: PP back. HP equal to level recovered from resting--6 for her, right? Then she also adds the new HP from the two Hit Dice she gained (that's 12, right?). she started at -6. So I believe she is 12/Maximum now)

"We proved only that the sample set of Afflicted next to black crystals can have a portion of it reversed by destroying said crystals, but while you were asleep, we also proved that the Affliction is not completely gone and continues to progress, so I think we haven't proven what you think we have."

"We have to try to think a step ahead of our enemy, but we've lost too much data due to the missing day. We were fairly confident in our last move--the reinforcements she sent to stall are good proof that we were probably right, but we didn't expect her to outflank us and take the village like she did. And since she knows that we knew and where we were going, she won't be in a place we can guess any more. Unless...we have one final guess, but if we wait another full day of rest to heal, it won't matter either."

Patlin

Explorer
Well, let's figure this out: Ironwolf had 59 points of damage. Resting for the night would have brought him to 52 points of damage. After the first set of healing, Ironwolf will be at 11 damage of 68 hp. Following Zaeryl's advice, he'll stop there and retain 8 of 22 pp. Hardly enough power points to fight his best game, but even with all the healing available to this group it's going to be tight getting everyone healed up.

If the Clerics can heal everyone else up to combat ready status and still have enough spells left that they feel able to go into combat, Ironwolf will reluctantly agree. Having blown the crucial moment, he's fairly well convinced that the best bet is to rest up fully first. He might be wrong, but he remembers Zaeryl's estimation that the melee types could handle the last room by themselves, and figures Zaeryl might be overly optimistic.

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: ah okay, she gained Psionic Body and more psionic feats at 5th & 6th, so shes at 20/45 now then)

"Is Michael still in danger of regressing further then? I had thought the ones we freed remained free of the taint, but if not then that is not good. We still need to put a stop to this as soon as possible to prevent spread. With regards to healing I can provide some should it be neccessary, though with some wide area affects similar to those employed by yourself, my power may be of more use should we encounter large groups of opponents." says Eternity.

Remove ads