• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The Affliction was not of my making. I have made this place safe again from the danger of the Affliction's outbreak. No more will any in this area need to fear the evil that once lurked in these caverns."

"So those are your desires...I see. It is why you always say 'Mind and Body as One' when you fight. To achieve perfection, that is your desire. The rest are just your goals, though they are noble goals. Seeking fulfill the dreams of others is my wish as well...Yes, I can fulfill your desire."

Patlin

Explorer
"Perfection is an ideal. It's fundamentally unobtainable, all one can do is to get incrementally closer to it. Even the gods are not perfect. When you say you can fulfill my desire to achieve perfection, I do not understand you."

(If there's any question, Ironwolf should be considered 'unwilling' for any effect, power etc. that may come up. No matter what he may say, he's not giving up the opportunity to make a saving throw no matter how allegedly beneficial the effect may be.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, no one can achieve perfection, but would it not help fulfill your desire to come one step closer? It would not sate it--with such a distant goal, it would be an insult to the goal if it was simple to achieve, and you would continue to take the next step, and the next, but it would help you in your goal."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes, only Zaeryl. He seems to be brooding. Probably plotting some sort of way to break the spell while still following the letter of the requirements)

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf forces himself to concentrate on the matter at hand.

Rystil Arden said:
"The Affliction was not of my making. I have made this place safe again from the danger of the Affliction's outbreak. No more will any in this area need to fear the evil that once lurked in these caverns."

"If, as you say, your actions have purged the evil from these caverns, it would seem our goals are not so different. Why do you assume that we will be in conflict again? Indeed, wouldn't your purposes be fully served by simply leaving here? If you can teleport at will, we could not stop you."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Because those who are ignorant too easily persecute and attack those who are different than they are. This is especially true of those who consider themselves heroes but don't understand the meaning of the word. I think your actions in our encounter today speak for themselves."

"If I let you go and you come back to kill me, I'll be making the same mistake as the protagonists of many a story who allow the villain to walk free out of mercy and later are thwarted or slain for it. 'Don't do it!' we shout to ourselves as we read the book 'Don't trust him! He's just going to betray you!'...And yet, we cannot change the outcome of that book. But this time, I can. I don't like to kill, but I don't want to see the people I care about dead. If I need to kill you now to protect the dreamers of this world from your violence, then so it must be. I'll regret it, but I will do it. Please, though, I would like you to convince me that I need not do so. Really, though, I don't see how I can believe it if you won't even let me help you."

Remove ads