• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ask an OTTer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
No, I stated information that was incorrect because I did not know the correct information.

So you are claiming that you actually believed Paula had "black slaves" working for her?
Really?
And that you were only "misinformed and inaccurate"? And cannot see how your use of "black slaves" was not inflammatory and offensive?
Really?
I did correct your "error in information", and you were lieing.
You said Paula used "black slaves". It is a fact that she has no slaves, black or otherwise. Therefore, what you wrote was a lie.
You missed my point.

The truth- it hurts.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm sorry if I ever implied or said such a thing.

Which leads to another EN forum rule of thumb that I should follow better:

A danger zone that I've hit (and got redmarked for it) is using name calling to refer to the demographic who I think is outside of the conversation. For example, "only jerkholes would think the original PA comic was condoning rape"

The danger I just hit, is initially, I think I'm just talking about non-EN worlders who misread PA's comic that was actually very Anti-Rape because I think they are being very bad and hurtful over a misrepresented cause.

However, as the conversation evolves and somebody takes up portions of the anti-PA argument (as PA had responded badly), now I am at risk of calling them jerkholes. Which is against EN policy.

It can be really tricky to avoid (at least for me in my manner of writing). Try to spot it and prevent yourself when you can, as it's just a bad habit that can get you in trouble, and certainly leads to undiplomatic speech.

Believe it or not, I would prefer that we all didn't have to carefully phrase our words and have our lawyers and editors look them over for approval before we speak. But I also accept that we do need to put more effort more often than we actually do.
Umm... I'm not sure I get your response. Did you quote the right person? Cause I wasn't expecting an apology from you and I'm not sure what you are talking about.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
We come off as rude and abrasive!? I always thought we were cute and cuddly.
Some of you do, and some of you don't.

I think the biggest mistake your group did was coming here and instantly identifying as this group that got itself kicked from the previous site. You labeled yourselves as an entity that does and thinks as a group, when you are individuals with varying opinions and personalities.

When one of you says something like "You are all accusing us of [a thing]" it's unfair to some inside your group who clearly didn't even have an opinion on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads