• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ASoIaF RPG - A Tourney of Gulls [Recruiting]

Cor Azer

First Post
Any update on the campaign? With the hacking and the scheming and the jousting?

Rolled up the shield for House Vantri - red on blue per bend sinister, with a charge of seven sentinel pines in a circle; The colors represent the strength and loyalty of House Vantri, and the seven sentinel pines represent both the Seven Gods and the trees that were first used to build the keep that became Splinterhold.

I'm unsure if jackslate was wanting me to roll up a character for him or not (he might be able to do so himself if he has the books or uses the above posted link). If he wants me to do the honors, I'll get it done in the next night or so; in any event, if everyone else is ready to go, I'll throw up the first post probably midweek.

jackslate45

First Post
Rolled up the shield for House Vantri - red on blue per bend sinister, with a charge of seven sentinel pines in a circle; The colors represent the strength and loyalty of House Vantri, and the seven sentinel pines represent both the Seven Gods and the trees that were first used to build the keep that became Splinterhold.

I'm unsure if jackslate was wanting me to roll up a character for him or not (he might be able to do so himself if he has the books or uses the above posted link). If he wants me to do the honors, I'll get it done in the next night or so; in any event, if everyone else is ready to go, I'll throw up the first post probably midweek.

Extremely busy is an understatement for me this week, so go ahead add roll one up for me. I would be grateful.

Cor Azer

First Post
And we're off! http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/307985-asoiaf-rpg-tourney-gulls-ic.html

It's a little vague as to where everyone begins, but I wanted to give people a chance to show how their character is viewed and interacts within House Vantri.

This may or may not go without saying, but feel free to make up NPCs in your posts if they're appropriate. They may or may not become important to plots later (I tend to like using my player's backgrounds/world building in my games).

Quick questions:

-Am I correct in presuming Lord Loughton is not coming with us?

-Would we be traveling in our armor or not? Don't worry, I'm not planning to randomly start attacking people. :D

Cor Azer

First Post
Quick questions:

-Am I correct in presuming Lord Loughton is not coming with us?

-Would we be traveling in our armor or not? Don't worry, I'm not planning to randomly start attacking people. :D

Correct. Lord Loughton is staying behind; if it matters Ser Laton would have final say on how House Vantri acts while at the Tourney, but a good leader should listen to his advisors - Ser Jarl and Robin.

Probably wouldn't be wearing full armor - it's a long and hot ride - but with the constant treat of clansmen, you might be wearing the padded/leather lining of the armor.

Cor Azer

First Post
I should also add, in case of people unfamiliar with the source material, the concept of ransom in a joust is that typically, the cost for losing a tilt is forfeiting horse and armor to the winner, and then needing to ransom it back.

Thus, losing in the first round will cost you your horse and armor, losing in the second round means you win/lose the difference between the ransom you won in round one and the ransom you pay, third round gets you two ransoms versus the one you pay, and so on. Aside from ransoms, typically only the overall winner gets any of the prize money.

Cor Azer

First Post
I guess I never really called this out in the in-character thread (mostly to give me flexibility should the need arise), but the House Vantri group traveling to the tourney more-or-less consists of Ser Laton, Ser Jarl, Robin, Haken Stone, three as-yet-unnamed guards, two as-yet-unnamed scouts, and probably a cook and one other servant. Several are on horses, but Haken is driving the baggage cart along with the cook and servant.

Two quick questions:

-Am I correct in presuming that putting the horse out of its misery is the standard and appropriate thing to do in this situation?

- What is the distance between the wagons, the trio of knights, and Talmond and the horse/surviors?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads