• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assassin City

Nightbreeze

First Post
The poor residences are a nice idea. I will also get maxed ranks in knowledge locals, and i will spare a few money to pay beggars and young thieves to keep me informed.

TRD

First Post
Hello all, I am back from my trip.

Are you fine with the swordsage character DL? Will fix the color of the type for you.

If you are happy I will finish off the character sheet.

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'm unable to comment on the mechanical part of your character since I don't have the book with the swordsage class, but for the background I don't see anything wrong. If you call too much attention to yourself I now have someone to beat you down with. :)

Last edited:

TRD

First Post
I will try get it all done tonight - as well as outline all the mechanical aspects of a Swordsage (ie. how they regain their powers etc).

Included in the character sheet was a couple examples of a Swordsages; "manuevers":

Child of Shadow [Stance]
As you move, shadows flutter and swarm around you. Even under the bright desert sun, you are difficult to spot as long as you remain in motion.

Mechanics:
if Braxis moves at least 10 feet in a round while in this stance he gains concealment (20% miss chance) against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of his next turn

Shadow Jaunt – [Boost]
A cloud of shadow energy engulfs you, spins into a tiny mote, and disappears. A moment later, this shadowy cloud appears across the battlefield and expels you from it.

Mechanics:
As a standard action Braxis can teleport up to 50 ft (must have line of sight and line of effect)

Shadow Garrote [Strike]
With a subtle gesture, you carve a slice of shadow from the air around you and cast it toward your foe. It wraps around the creature’s neck and squeezes the life from it.

Mechanics:
As a standard action Braxis can launch a ranged (60ft) touch attack for 5d6 damage + DC 16 check or be flat footed for one round. This attack can only effect living creatures.

TRD

First Post
Just another quick question, what should we be looking at when choosing magic items? Is it basically anything that has a "fantastic" aspect (like a flying carpet) should be ignored but simple things like a potion of healing or long sword +3 is fine as they can be much more easily explained, medicine and well made sword?

Is that the basic gist of it?

TRD

First Post
If you like DL you might want to get the game up and running, all of us are pretty much finished, and we can complete the finishing touches over the next couple days as the game begins.

Just in the middle of choosing items, slippers of spider climbing too magical?

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
That one is iffy for me. I can see it being sort of ok but I dunno. I think I ought to get my consultant's opinion before I decide. What do you think Blackrat?

As for starting, it may take a while, and I apologize. I've got to put together my ideas for some missions, so that I'll have at least a little consistency.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hmm. Well I'd say most minor magic items could be possible yes. Up the price a little and why not. Maybe illegal to own since it gives so many possibilities to use on criminal endeavours. But that doesn't bother our friendly neighbourhood criminals now does it :D . Just don't get caught using them.

Remove ads