• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assassin City

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Well.......... I am totally out of cash now! Woot! First time ever!! I feel like I should get some sort of award or a free wrist sheath or something :)

Nightbreeze

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Well I suppose you guys could jointly buy that hat if you're working together from the start, if you want to owe these two money. :p
Actually I have the money, but according to your rules I can't spend more than 2000 gp on a single item.

Is it ok to buy it if I share it with TRD?

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah, I was saying that if neither of you payed more than one third you could share the cost, but I'd expect that to be reflected in character. Of course a hat of disguise it quite rare so you'd also have to come up with some reason why you jointly own it that doesn't involve just buying it.

TRD

First Post
Ya I am fine paying for our safe houses, as for the hat of disguise, maybe, let me finish my equipment purchases.

I do not know if you saw me say it earlier in the thread Dire Lemming, but I suggested maybe starting the game now.

With the speed of PbP we will have finished all the last loose ends of character creation before we even finish our morning breakfast in-game.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah, I saw it, you probably missed my reply because it was edited in. What I said was that I need to put my ideas together for some missions for you to choose from. Then again, maybe I should just ask you guys what kind of mission to want to start off with so that we can get the ball rolling a bit faster. I still have to design it, but I'll only have to design one.

I still need to make a plan for the city as well. If you guys have got any ideas I'd like to hear them. I'm can't promise I'll use them, but every idea potentially helps.

TRD

First Post
I guess the first bit of help I can offer is: start small.

I am in the midst of creating my homebrew for 4e and its so tempting to think about the internal dynamics between the Brotherhood of the Lich and the Order of Dragon when all you really need to work out is the tavern the party starts in and the layout of the goblin cave they are going to.

You only need to work out the bare basics to begin, the rest of the world will come to you. Especially in PbP format as even a single fight can take weeks, you have plenty of time to work out the city.

Not trying to hurry you along at all, I just know from firsthand experience how easy it is to get caught up in "preparing" rather than providing entertainment to other people (which arguably, is what being a DM is all about).

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yes, as a player it's always seemed that way to me, but since people still keep doing I figured it must be fun for them as well, even the ones who aren't sadistic.

I'd still like to know what type of mission you'd be willing to take because I want to design a layout for the setting of said mission before you get into it. One thing that could really screw the game up at least for me, is having inconsistent terrain. I also want to give you some choice in the matter.

So like, you want to take on a minor noble? A merchant? A criminal? A peasant or slave who's somehow earned the ire of someone who can afford your services?

Last edited:

Remove ads