• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Stormbringer Castle (D&D 3.5) [OOC]

Okay, the rogues gallery thread for posting approved characters is here.

Those that have been approved, go ahead and post your completed characters there.

I would still like to see a brief background from each player. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, just enough for me to work with. It should also offer a sentence or two on the personality and general appearance of the character.

Shayuri and maddmic, still looking forward to seeing your characters. Hoping to start the game by the end of the week at the latest.

hero4hire

Explorer
OnlytheStrong said:
You were right about the extra attribute point, sorry about that. I trimmed my Int by a point. I re-adjusted my skills also. The +2 AC comes from my levels in Dwarven Defender.

The AC bonus goes up as follows:
+1 for levels 1-3
+2 for levels 4-6
+3 for levels 7-9
+4 for level 10

Isn't that a Dodge Bonus not a Natural Armor Bonus?

If if is a Natural Armor Bonus it doesnt stack with an Amulet of Natural Armor and you would be better off getting a Ring of Deflection +2 for the same price. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Mass Effect and Thanksgiving travel have/will conspire to stop me from posting today...but I will have a character build up tomorrow.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
Voda Vosa, a couple of questions for you...

1. You appear to have spent 4 ranks less than you are allowed on skills. You should have gotten 16 ranks to spend at 1st level and then 3 per level after that.

2. Magic Eating Robe +4? What source is that from? I'm guessing Complete Arcane, but my book is at home and I can't look right now.

3. In your armor class, you list Misc. +4. What is that from? The Robe maybe?

Otherwise the character looks good.

1. Ops! I'll fix it right away
2 Yes the robe is from complete arcana.
3 Yes from the robe. Didn't know if I should put it in Armor or in misc.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Shaved the 2 skill points off, so I should be good to go.

As a brief thought on tactics, H4H, remember that Improved Precise Shot means I don't suffer any miss chance for firing into a grapple, so if you grab a guy, he's flatfooted and I've got no chance of hitting you while I pump arrows into him.

hero4hire

Explorer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
As a brief thought on tactics, H4H, remember that Improved Precise Shot means I don't suffer any miss chance for firing into a grapple, so if you grab a guy, he's flatfooted and I've got no chance of hitting you while I pump arrows into him.

Sweet!

BTW Voda; I saw briefly that you had a "Neackes of charisma +1" Since you already have a Cloak of Charisma +2 these items won't stack normally (unless of course Toric rules otherwise). :eek:

As a general rule only Dodge bonuses stack with eachother. Armor doesn't stack with armor (like wearing Plate and drinking a Potion of Mage Armor) Natural armor from an ability won't stack with an amulet of natural armor or Barkskin etc etc.

Shayuri

First Post
hero4hire said:
Sweet!

BTW Voda; I saw briefly that you had a "Neackes of charisma +1" Since you already have a Cloak of Charisma +2 these items won't stack normally (unless of course Toric rules otherwise). :eek:

As a general rule only Dodge bonuses stack with eachother. Armor doesn't stack with armor (like wearing Plate and drinking a Potion of Mage Armor) Natural armor from an ability won't stack with an amulet of natural armor or Barkskin etc etc.

Close!

Natural Armor bonuses don't stack with each other yes, but Amulets of Natural Armor and Barkskin don't give Natural Armor bonuses, they give (in 3.5 anyway) enhancement bonuses TO Natural Armor.

So you can have some natural armor, then put on an amulet, or cast Barkskin, and raise the bonus of your natural armor.

hero4hire

Explorer
Shayuri said:
Close!

Natural Armor bonuses don't stack with each other yes, but Amulets of Natural Armor and Barkskin don't give Natural Armor bonuses, they give (in 3.5 anyway) enhancement bonuses TO Natural Armor.

So you can have some natural armor, then put on an amulet, or cast Barkskin, and raise the bonus of your natural armor.

oooo shiny! I have to remember that next time Thanks Shay! :D

So amulet and Barkskin no go but ability and Barkskin or ability and Amulet is good to go.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Right. Since natural armor is innate to a lot of creatures most things get a bonus on top of their NA. Nothing normally has a 'racial' armor or deflection bonus (Except for Githzerai :p)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads