D&D 5E Astral Projection

However, this makes me wonder: Could such a Astral-projected person bring back any physical items they found on another plane (i.e. if I enter Demogorgon's lair and find a awesome magical weapon or a treasure chest, can I bring it back with me when I return to my physical body back on the Prime?)

Good question. I just finished reading the Guide to the Astral Plane, and I don't remember seeing anything about that there. I checked a couple other sources (including the 2e spell description) and couldn't find an answer. It's worth noting that 5e allows you to bring with you a projection of all your possessions, while prior editions only let you bring projections of your magical gear. But that doesn't really answer the question about whether or not you can bring stuff back with you.

So you set up a temple to the gods, than astral project to the astral plane. word of recall back to the temple and decline to enter your body when it allows you and now you are immortal and forever the same age barring silver sword and disintegrate to get to your bodies secured in your temple. Add in adamantine armor and no more silver sword worries.

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
The *purpose* of the Astral Projection spell is to create avatars − that can then go on a dangerous mission − and that can be killed without oneself actually being killed.

These projections are sorta like drones. To be remotely present.

Treasure gained doesnt return with you when the spell ends. But you can visit your body, such as via Planeshift, and drop off the treasure before ending the spell.

Remove ads