• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attempting to start a game.

Spontorus

First Post
I was unsure about spells for the cleric, so I just "guessed" that I knew the 12 basic Orison spells, the pathetically lvl 0 weak ones, and then my 1 domain lvl 1 spell.

And I could just learn more spells via scrolls/books etc, plus the one spell each level.

.... right? xD

I've forgotten life though, all I remember is that consecutive levels increase hp by (lvl) + con bonus... or something like that.

And then the starting level gave you heroic vitality of +20.... so i started with 21 life, which seems... wrong... considering i heal for hits of 1D8 + 3.... Then again that kind of makes sense I suppose. What do you think?

Spontorus

First Post
magikarcher said:
Nope it wont save. And it isnt there *BIG FROWN* :( :( :(
I just mad ethe sheet, with the basics, and then printed it out. I'm searching for a similar sheet that I CAN save, but until then I'm just using this with a pencil.... or something, I'm tired, I'll do it tommorow.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
I would really really advise buying the 3.5 PHB or the DMG. They'll walk you through how to create characters step by step. Also, have a look at PbP threads to see the conventions used and how different people run things.

Redclaw

First Post
As far as finding a game goes, your best bet is to keep an eye on the Talking the Talk threads, looking for anyone who is recruiting. Be aware that much of your efforts in creating your characters may need to be redone, depending on the DMs preferences. Also note that there is often some competition for spots, so you might not make it into the same game.
Another good tactic, at least one that worked well for me, is to read a couple of threads for different games to get a feel for what pbp looks like. It might help you with understanding the changes in the game a bit, too.

Spontorus

First Post
Redclaw said:
As far as finding a game goes, your best bet is to keep an eye on the Talking the Talk threads, looking for anyone who is recruiting. Be aware that much of your efforts in creating your characters may need to be redone, depending on the DMs preferences. Also note that there is often some competition for spots, so you might not make it into the same game.
Another good tactic, at least one that worked well for me, is to read a couple of threads for different games to get a feel for what pbp looks like. It might help you with understanding the changes in the game a bit, too.

Noted.

I just made a character because I thought something's better then nothing. I'm fully ready to revise it at any time.

@ Lorthanoth
Bought the PHB 3.5

Last edited:

Spontorus

First Post
magikarcher said:
That sounds, right. But what is "heroic vitality"?
It was actually introduced in stormreach as far as I know.

It was designed to create a less dfficult game for the lower level player. No more 2 hp thieves and 4 hp warriors, ect.

I'm debating whether or not to remove it, since it's not required.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads