• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attempting to start a game.

Spontorus

First Post
Lorthanoth said:
:D That's right! Lawful Good , I take it?
Neutral >.>

I'm not one for forcing goodness onto others. But I'm still willing to be good.

Which is mainyle because I'm used to playing Chaos characters, like thieves and the like.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Play by post is very much a handed-down tradition in practice (not too different from gaming in general). You typically learn how it works from playing in someone elses game and seeing how they play. My first game I was drafted into was the 3rd IR, and while it wasn't a dnd game, I learned the basic notions from there and adapted them to other games later.

Your best bet for getting started is reading games and playing one if you get the chance. I know I am somewhat re-stating the obvious, but the general notion is like that.

Another option that exists is the Living EN World forum, which is also on this board. You can create a character there, though you'll have to find a game to play in still.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Spontorus said:
Neutral >.>

I'm not one for forcing goodness onto others. But I'm still willing to be good.

Which is mainyle because I'm used to playing Chaos characters, like thieves and the like.

Just forcing whatever amoral system you believe in? :p

You can still choose between rebuking and turning if you're lawful neutral.

What question?

Spontorus

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Play by post is very much a handed-down tradition in practice (not too different from gaming in general). You typically learn how it works from playing in someone elses game and seeing how they play. My first game I was drafted into was the 3rd IR, and while it wasn't a dnd game, I learned the basic notions from there and adapted them to other games later.

Your best bet for getting started is reading games and playing one if you get the chance. I know I am somewhat re-stating the obvious, but the general notion is like that.

Another option that exists is the Living EN World forum, which is also on this board. You can create a character there, though you'll have to find a game to play in still.

I've PbP'd before, just not recently xD I've been watching a few games and I've pretty much figured out the basics, but I'll continue to watch for now, to understand fully. Thanks for helping us btw.

Remove ads