[AU] Butterfly Cage

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ray Silver said:
"I... think. I remember seeing the faen... Please, can you help? Help Aa-Ma'ray..." she says, her voice disjointed and broken. Behind her, you see the faen man collapse to his knees, his arms across his chest, rocking back and forth, sobbing silently. The crossbowman lowers his weapon, and waves you forward, as the other two unnock their arrows. He speaks to Grathis and Conner as they come close.

"Aa-Ma'ray thought she saw something in the cave. We were hunting for magic things... she went in and the ceiling... Voes was right there, he saw her get pinned. It couldn't have been natural..." he murmurs. The man seems somewhat stunned.

Connor's pulsed picked up as he approached the downed giant. She's so big, Connor thought as he neared her. I wonder if I can truly transfer enough wounds to make a difference. Perhaps with Grathis and myself . . .

"Keep an eye on me, guys," Connor said as he grasped his staff and invoked his 'Transfer Wounds' spell, taking only what he could without passing out.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Connor, you see that Aa-Ma'ray's body is still bleeding, which gives you faint hope that she's still within aid. You cast your spell, placing one hand on her forehead and clutching your staff with the other. The magic flows strongly out of you, and is replaced with a solid rock of pain in the side of your chest. Before your slightly dazed eyes the terrible, caved-in wound becomes more whole. While it's not quite normal yet, it certainly looks better than before. Aa-Namay gasps sharply and her eyes are filled with a terrible hope.*

[OOC: Connor, excellent roll for the healing spell, a 10 +1 for 11 points of healing to Aa-Ma'ray. You take 5 points of subdual.]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Galen said:
"Are you alright, sirrat? You look like you might pass out any moment."

Connor looked up with half-glazed eyes and clutched his chest involuntarily. He noted the improvement in the giantess and said, "Nahh, I'm right as rain . . . I just need to rest for a few moments. Get my bearings, maybe an hour or so . . . then I can try again to help. I could heal more right now but then I'd be out for a few hours. Don't think I'll rest too comfortably - at least at first . . ."

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis watches the transaction between the faen and the wounded giant with interest. When Connor steps back, winded, Grathis says, "Very noble of you, Connor. I hope she is able to recover."

He then starts moving slowly toward the cave entrance, trying to peer into the darkness. Over his shoulder he asks, "So no one else is certain they saw anything? What tipped you off that it might be unnatural?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rybaer said:
Grathis watches the transaction between the faen and the wounded giant with interest. When Connor steps back, winded, Grathis says, "Very noble of you, Connor. I hope she is able to recover."

He then starts moving slowly toward the cave entrance, trying to peer into the darkness. Over his shoulder he asks, "So no one else is certain they saw anything? What tipped you off that it might be unnatural?"
"Hadn't you heard?" one of the bowman asks in surprise, "Some people have been saying the caverns are haunted. They've been having cave-ins up here before... but usually only with the miners. They're saying there are ghosts in there, angry ghosts."

WizWrm

First Post
Rybaer said:

"Indeed," says Sanje. "I sense that it is not yet her time."

Ray Silver said:
They've been having cave-ins up here before... but usually only with the miners. They're saying there are ghosts in there, angry ghosts."

Sanje looks thoughtful, "Perhaps. I must hold doubts, however. Superstitious workmen always blame ghosts first and people second, if no obvious answer presents itself."

ES2

First Post
WizWrm said:
"Indeed," says Sanje. "I sense that it is not yet her time."

Sanje looks thoughtful, "Perhaps. I must hold doubts, however. Superstitious workmen always blame ghosts first and people second, if no obvious answer presents itself."

In response, more muttering to himself than anyone in particular, "Too true."

Scinathar looks at them all, then at the sister giant not injured. "Sirrat, your sister will live, I'm sure Conner knows what he's doing." He walks around for a few seconds, then speaks again, "What else have any of you seen up here? Do any of you think that this could have been a trap by somebody else, or did some of you really see a ghost?"

Scinathar walks some more, not really paying any one of them too much attention, more like collecting his own thoughts. He always keeps close to Mochor, just in case.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Remind me to inscribe a rune on you when we settle down for the night, it'll make it easier for you to sleep."
Galen looks about, remembering that the other group had a faen among them too.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor stays quiet (an obvious sign of his fatigue), and rests for as much time as he is alotted. If given about an hour, Connor will again transfer wounds from the giantess.

Remove ads