• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage

WizWrm

First Post
"Interesting. Do you think they might have been magical in nature? Do we have a manner of determining this fact? If they are indeed magical, it seems that this was no accident."

ES2

First Post
Scinathar speaks a few quick words in Draconic when he notices the crack, then raises his hand to stop everyones progression. Others will see him staring at that section of the wall, then he begins waiving his arm forward for the others to see.

"Seems this is no accident after all. Sirrat bowman, seems you are correct in your assumption. We need Conner to enter this crack and check it out. He's small enough to fit into it."

Scinathar then looks back at the group, waiting for further actions.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Yes, they might very well be. But I can't really work magic when we are moving around, so I was delaying until we would be out of the cave.
But if we stay still for a moment, I can see if it holds magic."
If the group agrees to stay put for a moment, Galen casts detect magic. He first inspects the rock he found, and then takes a look around the cave.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Telof nods sharply, his face grim as he calls out for Connor to come in.*

*Connor, you hear your name called from inside the passage.*

*Galen, the stone is very faintly magical, with some abjuration and some transmutation, casting your gaze over the passage, you see a faint hint of magic from farther down the passage, towards where the tracks were headed.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor shook his head, unwilling to really get up and see what was going on . . . but then his curiousity got the better of him and he stood. Brushing himself off, he told the giantesses, "There must be something they need a hand will, I'll come back as soon as I'm able. Rest easy and watch over her."

Connor made sure his gear was in place and headed into the tunnel.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"The rock contains abjurative and transmutative magic, but I can't be sure what it's been used for."
Galen turns his gaze towards the direction where the tracks are headed.
"And it seems our runaway holds some magic too."

WizWrm

First Post
As Connor enters, Sanje gestures to the passageway. "Connor, we are of the idea that someone caused this cave-in purposefully. We need your magical skills and your size to check the passage. If you can, clear some rocks so others can follow."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Scinathar, you see the same as what Galen saw.*

*Conner, about 45ft down the tunnel, 15ft feet away from the cave-in, the party is standing, waists roped together, looking at a crack in the wall. It would be a tight squeeze for most people; they'd either have to be very thin or a faen.*

*Sanje, the crack in the wall isn't blocked up with rocks, it's a good, solid narrow fissure in the wall that goes into a very small chamber. Widening it would be impossible without tools or magic.*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads