• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Okey-do, what's up? You want me to crawl through there and take a look around?" Connor asked. He looked to the more outdoors skilled members of the group, "Has some else traveled in through this space recently? I guess what I'm asking is should I expect trouble?"

WizWrm

First Post
"You are correct," says Sanje. "We think a saboteur, perhaps another faen by a judge of sizes, has caused this cave-in, so indeed, there may have been another. I must admit, I feel uncomfortable allowing you to go in alone; yet, I also can think of little we can do to protect you from harm."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor - Initiative: +2; AC: 13; HP: 1/7 (6 subdual); Wpn: Staff +0, 1d6-1 20(x2)

WizWrm said:
"You are correct," says Sanje. "We think a saboteur, perhaps another faen by a judge of sizes, has caused this cave-in, so indeed, there may have been another. I must admit, I feel uncomfortable allowing you to go in alone; yet, I also can think of little we can do to protect you from harm."

"I can't shrink you or make the opening bigger with my magics, so I guess the best I could ask for is to cover me from the opening. I feel pretty weakened from aided the giantess, but I'm willing to give it a go," Connor said as he looked into the fissure. He inspected a moment or two from that perspective before climbing through the fissure and having a look around.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis watches the discussion with Connor transpire. Though he tries not to admit it to himself, he's a bit concerned watching the weakened faen climb into the fissure. From what the others have said, there is likely the work of a sabateur in this cave. Worse, a magical sabateur.

He splits his attention between Connor and the rest of the cave.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Connor, it's a tall, narrow fissure that leads to a tall, narrow chamber. It's about three feet square and nine feet tall. On the floor is a pile of gray rope with a piton at one end. The rope is nearly the same color as the walls and would be very difficult to spot unless you were close.*

*Scinathar, after watching Connor get through, you think that you might be able to squeeze in. You'd probably lose a few scales doing it, and it would take some struggle, but it should be possible.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ray Silver said:
*Connor, it's a tall, narrow fissure that leads to a tall, narrow chamber. It's about three feet square and nine feet tall. On the floor is a pile of gray rope with a piton at one end. The rope is nearly the same color as the walls and would be very difficult to spot unless you were close.*

Connor took his time looking around the narrow fissure, careful within these unfamiliar surroundings. He was also unusually quite, fatigue and the hope that his silence will allow the others watching over him better opportunity to sense danger. Connor was all smiles however and seemed excited to be exploring.

He inspected the rope and piton, looking up above from the ropes location to see if perhaps they had been dropped from above. Connor then looked beyond where the rope lay, to see if it was necessary to get across some point in the chamber beyond.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Connor, from your angle you can see that there's small thin piece of metal that's been put into the ceiling. It's curved, like a mostly closed hook. They're large enough to hold the rope. Now that you've spotted this one, you look outside the crevise, into the main passageway, and see a few more near the ceiling and close to the wall. The hook-things seem to be going back toward the site of the cave-in.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor noted the closed hooks and the rope and piton the same color as the walls and said quietly, "There's something funny going on here."

He then moved back to the fissure and, crouching, explained what it noticed from inside the fissure. " . . . and it looks like the hook things lead back to the cave-in, or from it," Connor finished.

WizWrm

First Post
"It is, then, most definitely an intentional cave-in," says Sanje. "Our immediate goal, then, must be to find the one who has caused this malefaction."

He scans the assembled group, his gaze falling on each member of the team. "I must ask some sensitive questions if we are to reach the heart of this matter. It is the nature of such questions. I do not mean to offend."

"Have any among us acquired any enemies recently? I understand we all garner enemies, but few wish to kill us in so elaborate and spectacular a manner. Additionally, had you much success in your search? Was there something you found, or knew perhaps, that might have inspired this attack?"

"I will begin by answering this question for myself, since I understand that it may be a difficult topic to approach. I would not have you reveal anything about yourselves that I would not reveal about myself; though I must believe and hope that my enemies have not made such an elaborate scheme in striking against you. There are those who have fallen along my way, but none without a cause warranting it, and I believe this may be understood by all present, for such is the nature of such a dangerous profession, and such is the nature of death. Yet, there are many who would resent me for it. I know of only one, however, that may have it within him to pursue me further. I shall give the name - Najudal the Gray-Snout. He is, quite simply, a disciple of revenge, much as I exist a follower in the cause of death."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I can only think of the bandits we ran across when we were with the caravan, but I doubt they'd go to the trouble of doing all this, much less getting it done so soon."

Remove ads