• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage

Erekose13

Explorer
Joined by Mochor and Sanje, Scinathar returns underground to the Deepstorm. The mojh feels a great connection with the place, seeing it as a lense through which magic might be understood.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Outside of Deepstorm, Sanje, Scinathar, and Mochor retrieve the corpse of the mojh and the unconscious body of the man and take them out to the giant sisters. When Aa-Namay finally feels the cold flesh under her fingers, much of her anger seems to flow out of her.*

"I thank you for that. Come, we can throw the trash to the crows and question the man when he wakes," she says, shouldering her pack. The others in her party follow suit, Telof's eyes following Scinathar for a while, then seeming to ignore him.

*Unless anyone objects (and Sharla will let out a strangled moan), Aa-Namay will toss Kithmenshen's body over one of the cliffs to rot, and then lead the party back into town. At the gates, the guards will question the party about the man's body, but blithe explanations of a bump to the head can eventually deflect the guard's concerns.*

*Back at the Eloquent Minotaur, it seems like months since you left, but it was only a couple of days. Javdak is not in the common room at the moment however, and the place seems to be buzzing with conversation tonight.*

Dalamar

Adventurer
"We should arrange a burial of some kind. No matter the person, a grave is earned."
Galen says as Aa-Namay expresses her desire to throw Kithmenshen off a cliff.

Rybaer

First Post
When back at the Eloquent Minotaur, Grathis gets the feeling that he is getting more than his fair share of looks from the crowd. He rubs a hand through the fur under his chin and realizes that it is matted with a considerable amount of dried blood - both his own and others'. His clothing is likewise damaged and soiled.

"Excuse me," he says to the others. "I think I should clean up just a bit before we meet with Javdak."

Grathis seeks out a bath with soap and will give a couple coins to a servant to fetch him a new shirt.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor - Initiative: +2; AC: 13; HP: 9/11 (2 subdual); Wpn: Staff +1, 1d6-1 20(x2)

On the disposal of the body, Connor added, "Perhaps there is someone in town who might want the body . . . and a proper burial would be a good idea. If we wrap him up and bring him along, we can dispose of the body in town, otherwise we can bury him here."

. . . .

At the tavern, Connor listened to what he could. But, not seeing Javdak around, he looked to the others and asked, "Do you think we should get cleaned up and such first or try and find him right away? And idea what the commotion is about?"

Connor checked to see if Lornae was still on his shoulder.

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje agrees with the others about the body, saying, "Indeed. The proper ceremony must be observed."

Back at the inn, he says, "Very well. Those of you with blood-spattered clothing should get clean; meanwhile I shall inquire with the bartender about the location of Javdak."

Having said this, Sanje stands and approaches the bar. "Greetings. I am Sanje, and I am seeking my group's employer, Javdak. He's a tall verrik scholar, slightly overweight, and walks with a cane. Do you know if he has passed through here recently, or where he might be?"

Jaik

First Post
(At the cliffside)
Mochor makes no objection to throwing the Mojh's body off a cliff. Among his own people, it is the custom to be returned to the open elements, re-entering the cycle of the earth and sky. He does a small chanting ceremony to ensure the deceased enters the cycle and does not linger to bother those still breathing.

(At the Inn)
Mochor quickly survey's himself, belatedly realizing that blood from one's enemy is not considered a badge of honor outside of his native plains. Luckily, as he fights only with his fists and has received no major wounds, he and his clothing remain unsoiled. Comforted, he returns to watching for danger to his charge.

I have lost focus recently. I must remain vigilant, always vigilant.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The protesting party members are able to convince the giant sisters to bury the body instead of throwing it over the cliff, though they leave that to the party, not wanting to soil their own hands any further with him. It's getting on toward dusk as you finally get back to the Eloquent Minotaur.*

*Lornae, still on Connor's shoulder looked all around the inn with wide eyes, then flew up to the rafters and started buzzing around like a hyperactive firefly. Everyone else mostly ignores her.*

*Grathis can arranged a bath quickly enough, though as he goes to the bathhouse he realizes that he's not the only one to be soaking away bruises and injuries, nor the only one to be scrubbing blood out of his clothes. One human man is helping another out of a blood-smeared tunic, to reveal bandaged and bloodied ribs beneath, while a faen in robes finishes splinting the arm of a spryte woman.*

*To Sanje's question, the old woman who seems to be the innkeeper only has to consider for a moment.*

"Yes, I remember you, and yes, he's here. He's in his room, and wanted you to come talk to you when you got in. Care to clean up and eat first though? You look a fright," she says, starting to ladel cider into a mug.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor - Initiative: +2; AC: 13; HP: 9/11 (2 subdual); Wpn: Staff +1, 1d6-1 20(x2)

Narrator said:
*Lornae, still on Connor's shoulder looked all around the inn with wide eyes, then flew up to the rafters and started buzzing around like a hyperactive firefly. Everyone else mostly ignores her.*

Connor smiled at the antics of Lornae, and stayed a few moments watching her flit around the room. He was tired and looked forward to sleeping in a real bed (at least it was that - it wasn't his own bed, but it wasn't bad either), and perhaps a bath . . . or two.

Innkeeper said:
"Yes, I remember you, and yes, he's here. He's in his room, and wanted you to come talk to you when you got in. Care to clean up and eat first though? You look a fright," she says, starting to ladel cider into a mug.

Connor held up his hand and glanced meaningfully at the mug of cider, uncertain to trust his own words at the moment. With the other hand, he flipped out the coin to purchase a mug for Sanje and one of his own.

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis is a little surprised to see others in the bath house nursing combat injuries. He nods noncomittally at anyone who acknowledges his presence, then strips his stained clothing and begins to soak and scrub.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Grathis finally speaks up. "Looks like you folks have seen a little action."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads