• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade

"Aye, let's get what we came for and get Tash back to Master Mollen. I'd like to replace a couple of the arrows I used but not sure what else I really need. What are we in need of, anyway?"

{ooc - @Erekose: Is the magical chainmail you originally forgot to mention a chainshirt or a chain hauberk? If it's the former, I'd be more interested in that and let Tash take the Ring of Khorne/Bashing. If the latter, I'd prefer the ring since I'd like to stick with Light Armor for mobility.

Also, does Aadin want to keep trying to identify all the magical stuff we have? Or should we look for someone in town to hire to do it for us? I'm okay with either but it always bugs me to carry around a bunch of magical stuff we haven't identified and therefore can't really use! :p}

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc:chainshirt it was. up to you how to id and use the items. you can always just try to use them. some of them had runes on them which should atleast hint at their use (i hope) while others are not as obvious. there arent many in this small town who can help much more than aadin at iding things, but there might be someone who can cast the spell like aadin does with the runes.]

Announcement: I am going to be away starting Thursday for a week. I'll try to post a few more times before I head off but its a busy week getting ready for our trip.​

DrSpunj

Explorer

[ooc: Then I'd prefer the chain shirt, Gladius, since I can always cast Bash on my own if I feel it's important. Tash doesn't have that choice, will greatly benefit from Bash, and will likely keep his heavy armor.

Have fun on your trip, Erekose! Going anywhere really cool that I should be jealous about?

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: feel free to divvy up the loot however you guys choose, Gren is going to dissappear soon and wont need his share if you dont want to. Re where I am heading, going to Mt. Fuji not to climb it though just to look at it :) Sorry I didnt get in another game post in, Ill be back next Wednesday/Thursday and make a nice long post, promise.]

GladiusNP

First Post
(OOC - Sorry not too wish you a good trip earlier erekose - hope you are having a good time! Dr Spunj, maybe we can stay for two or three days in the area to help get some of the ID'ing done. We could also look around for a magister who can cast object loresight.)

Erekose13

Explorer
Back to Master Mollen's

Outside the tradepost a stiff wind has picked up. Blowing straight from the north, the wind carries a foul chill with it. Up above very little moon light makes it through the dark clouds, atleast it isnt raining like the other night though. There are very few people wandering around outside now. Though plenty of light and noise flows out of the Ventrid.

Heading back to the house which is apparently owned by your employer, you find him lounging in the foyer speaking with a man whom Kelsis knows is the manager of the establishment. The two of them rise, the other man is quite a bit taller than Master Mollen and features a dark scar that runs back behind his ear. Mollen introduces him as Genly Mier, "Pleased to meet you. I pressume that you will all be staying here while the Master is in town?" After you shake hands, Mollen looks up at Tash waiting for a moment.

[ooc: Im back :) sorry about the delay in posting. Things should be right back on track now]

Last edited:

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade

"Aye, and perhaps for all of us if this works out. Master Mollen, this gent's name is Tash. We met while selling that extra gear at the general store. You had mentioned perhaps taking on an extra guard or two as we arrived given the trouble we've had already and everyone's misgivings there will likely be more. Tash was interested in what we had to tell him. I have to honestly say that we only just met, and none of us can vouch for him, but we all got off on a friendly enough start that we brought him to meet you. I apologize if that was presumptious of us...err...me, I guess, since I came up with the idea.

Kalythar then takes a step back, giving Tash and Master Mollen a chance to make their own introductions. As they talk Kalythar checks out the manager as well as what he can see of the house.

When he has a moment to speak with both Aadin & Kelsis, he says, "I'd be interested to find out if there's anyone in town capable of helping us identify some of those magical bits the rhodin gave to us. I'm not familiar with such things, but if I understand correctly what Aadin has described about his rune magic, we're not really better off with one vs other, except using a caster (if available) will certainly be more expensive. Still, perhaps more knowledge about the items faster than Aadin is able to discern such on his own is worth some gold. What say you?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I can go in search of someone, perhaps even at this hour one is still open for business," Kelsis says, and if there are no further objections, will depart for the street to search for one capable of identifying the properties of magical items.

Erekose13

Explorer
Master Mollen looks Tash over as Kalythar introduces him. "Indeed I think we could use another hand. As a matter of fact Gren came to me earlier this evening, seems he doesnt feel quite up to the task of guard duty and wishes to head out tomorrow on his own. Said all this city stuff is a bit too much for him. He also said that he would be in the Ventrid Saloon to settle up with you after his shift was over."

"So Tash, my offer is the same as these three. One gold crown per day, double that on completion of our journey with extra hazard pay for dangers encountered. If our trip here is any indication you will be earning plenty of that hazard pay. In addition your group gets full salvage rights to any treasure taken from bandits and the like. While you are here in Norville in my employ you can stay here with my friend Mr. Mier for free."

Kelsis heads out into the cold wind, darkness fully covering the small village. Checking first around the taverns for any information, Kelsis finds a young loresong faen woman who introduces herself as Paerwyn Clearwind. She is sitting in the Gold Ring, others point her out when you ask for magister. As you approach her table from behind you can see a small bright blue staff resting against the table. Her long pale hair tumbles over her shoulders, falling to rest over her nice blue and yellow patterned dress which features a pair of gold winged creatures embroidered over her shoulder blades.

Last edited:

Remove ads