• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Paerwyn, I am glad to meet you. I have a proposition for you. I am working guarding a merchant caravan, and in our travels we encountered and took care of some rhodin. Several of the items were magical, but we don't have the skills amongst the other guards to determine what they do. Could we possibly hire you to see what these items of magic were made for?" Kelsis asks politely.

Erekose13

Explorer
Paerwyn looks up from her meal at the approaching sibeccai, "Nice to meet you too. I would certainly like to help. I think you have the advantage though, as you already know my name. *smiles* Indeed I would love to help you, I just recently got here and have tried to find work, but it would appear that magisters are not needed as much out here. I am a magister of the Crystal Spires and I have a small shop just next door, but I havent had much business yet. I guess I owe Gennin a prayer eh? If you like you can bring the items to me there and I'll have a look, then give you an estimate on time and costs. If you have any other information about the items maybe bring that too, as it could cut things down a notch."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I am Kelsis the Bright-Eyed. My companions can bring the items by tomorrow, if that suits. I believe our Runethat was able to figure out a few things about them, so I'll bring him along. Will that do for you?" she asks.

Erekose13

Explorer
Paerwyn answers, "Certainly, I will see you tomorrow morning then. Just come by the small shop next door. It doesn't have a sign yet, I'm still working on that. Any notes you have will be very helpful."

DrSpunj

Explorer
(OOC: Cool. Can Aadin learn anything more about any of the items before we head to bed? Perhaps he should work on that and skip a watch shift. Also, it's probably not worth paying her to identify everything if Aadin can do a little rune work here & there as our caravan continues on its way, though hopefully we'll continue to fight & find other stuff, so maybe it doesn't matter how we do it. Alright, I'll just go ramble over here now...:p)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I will bring our runethan Aadin along in the morning, and I thank you for your assistance. One last question, what is your typical price for such a service?" Kelsis asks.

Erekose13

Explorer
Paerwyn considers for a moment, "Well usually I charge about 20 gold crowns per item, as you are my first customers here I will set you up with a discount. So it would be 15 crowns. It might take me a while. How many items do you have?"

[ooc: please see OOC thread]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well, there was a chain shirt, five vials of varying liquids, a bracelet with charms, an eyepatch, a small waterskin with some kind of potion in it, and a miniature buckler. The rest I believe we had well in hand. I will be back in the morning then, and I thank you for your time, Paerwyn," Kelsis says, and will give the faen a small bow. Then she'll return to boarding house and seek out the runethane.

"Aadin, I believe I may have found someone who can help us get our items identified more quickly. Her name is Paerwyn Clearwind, a loresong faen magister that has a new shop in town. For fifteen crowns she will identify an item, though if we were to tell her what you already knew about them it might save us some gold. At least we would know before Master Mollen has us ship out," Kelsis explains.

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred,4th Level Human Runethane

Aadin looks up at Kelsis as she enters his room. After she's said her piece, he nods slowly, and somewhat wearily.

"Well done Kelsis. Let me get my notes together. I hope she can make some sense of them. It'll be good to get this all sorted out finally."

Erekose13

Explorer
Research

*Three days pass quickly while you are waiting for Master Mollen to finish his business and for Ms. Clearwind to finish her research. As the days pass it becomes more and more cold. And on the morning of the third day the inevitable comes to pass, snow. That night those who are in charge of guard duty find themselves walking through heavy snow to reach the warehouse. The rest awaken to find that several inches has fallen over night.*

*A quick trip to Ms. Clearwind's before you have to get down to business, Kelsis finds that she has just finished everything that morning. She has organized Aadin's Kelsis' and her own notes all together in nice clean handwriting. She has even managed to find several coloured inks to make the documents more appealing to the eye.*

"Comes to 13 items at the agreed 15 gold crowns per. So thats 195gp please. And if you have any further items that you would like me to look into please do come by. If you would be so kind to pass on the information as well that would be lovely." Paerwyn says as she hands you back the items and all of the collected notes.

*Her notes:

a very nice looking battleaxe [Scartooth, battleaxe +1] - faint transmutation.
  1. 1 month
  2. Horth
  3. rhodin
  4. Shethswana
  5. hag
  6. hit things
  7. heavy iron, greenwood, frost worm bones
  8. Citadel of Ice
  9. Horth
  10. battle axe +1
a copper ring, inscribed with the symbol for wild magic embossed with a large sword through the center.[Ring of Khorne, bash] - faint transmutation
  1. 2 years
  2. Murtz
  3. rhodin
  4. Shethswana
  5. hag
  6. harness chaos and increase the user's chance to hit
  7. copper, red glass, trolls teeth
  8. Citadel of Ice, east of the Harrowdeep
  9. Shethswana
  10. bash 43 charges
5 small vials, two of which contain clear liquid, another a thick yellow liquid, one a viscous red liquid and the last is murky white. [Potions]- 2 faint evocation and 3 faint transmutation
Potion of Heightened Ability Boost
  1. 1 month
  2. Durz
  3. rhodin
  4. Raenfwyl Seawing
  5. faen
  6. heighten a person's strengths
  7. volcanic spring water, lizard tails, sulphur
  8. Brightholme
  9. Durz
  10. heightened ability boost
Potion of Lesser Battle Healing
  1. 2 weeks
  2. Horth
  3. rhodin
  4. Shethswana
  5. hag
  6. heal injuries
  7. greenspan herb, garlic, blueleaf
  8. Citadel of Ice
  9. Horth
  10. lesser battle healing
  1. 2 weeks
  2. Doff
  3. rhodin
  4. Shethswana
  5. hag
  6. heal injuries
  8. Citadel of Ice
  9. Doff
Potion of Scent Tracker
  1. 1 month
  2. Doff
  3. rhodin
  4. Chenkret
  5. litorian
  6. heighten a person's sense of smell
  7. wolf's blood, fresh snow, tuorin root
  8. Ao Manasa
  9. Doff
  10. scent tracker
Potion of Neutralize Poison
  1. 6 months
  2. Doff
  3. rhodin
  4. Raenfwyl Seawing
  5. fean
  6. clean a person's blood
  7. snake venom, mare's milk
  8. Brightholme
  9. Doff
  10. neutralize poison
two small crystals, one pale blue and the other a deep black, each with a small rune inscribed on them.[Detonations - 'Dispel' and 'Fear'] - faint abjuration and faint enchantment
Dispel Magic Detonation,
  1. 6 months
  2. Murtz
  3. rhodin
  4. Ea-Sora
  5. giant
  6. remove enchantments from a target
  7. blue crystal, silver flakes
  8. Ao Manasa
  9. Murtz
  10. dispel magic
Touch of Fear Detonation
  1. 1 week
  2. Murtz
  3. rhodin
  4. Shethswana
  5. hag
  6. cause fear in a target
  7. obsidian, fresh rhodin blood
  8. Citadel of Ice
  9. Murtz
  10. touch of fear
a miniature buckler made from a red gem and carved with leaping flames. [Fire Shield, protection from fire] - faint abjuration
Fire Shield
  1. 4 months
  2. Durz
  3. rhodin
  4. Toram Farreth
  5. human
  6. protect the user from fire
  7. ruby, mojh's blood, crushed carbon
  8. Ka Rone
  9. Durz
  10. protection from elements (fire)
a small waterskin, in which is an oil like substance pale transparent blue in color. [Oil]- faint transmutation
Oil of Magic Weapon
  1. 2 weeks
  2. Doff
  3. rhodin
  4. Genly Wres
  5. human
  6. enhance a weapon
  7. oak sap, blueleaf, scrig sweat
  8. Sormere
  9. Doff
  10. magic weapon
a studded leather eyepatch which has five small lead studs.[Eyepatch of Droghun] - faint transmutation
Eyepatch of Droghun
  1. 15 years
  2. Norn
  3. rhodin
  4. Droghun
  5. rhodin
  6. heighten a person's sight
  7. leather, lead, bones of various creatures
  8. Gantz tribe in the Elder Mountains
  9. Norn
  10. precise vision, see invisibility
a bracelet with four small charms on it. [Elemental Charms] - faint evocation
Elemental Charms
  1. 3 months
  2. Norn
  3. rhodin
  4. Raenfwyl Seawing
  5. faen
  6. harness the power of the elements
  7. bottled air, earth drawn from deep underground, fire, frost from the top of a high mountain
  8. Brightholme
  9. Norn
  10. mark of fire, mark of air, mark of frost, mark of earth
another small vial with clear blue liquid. This one has a small orange rune carved into it. [Potion, 'Healing'] - faint evocation
  1. 1 week
  2. Woer
  3. rhodin
  4. Shethswana
  5. hag
  6. heal injuries
  8. Citadel of Ice
  9. Woer
chainmail [Chainshirt +1] - faint transmutation
Chain Shirt +1
  1. 5 years
  2. Norn
  3. Shethswana
  4. hag
  5. protect the wearer
  6. steel, chorim fingers, strongroot
  7. Citadel of Ice
  8. Shethswana
  9. chain shirt +1

[ooc:wow that took a lot of time to compile. hope there are a few hints in there. enjoy :)]

Last edited:

Remove ads