[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Kelsis looks at the list, and is becoming alarmed inside, though outwardly she just seems distracted. Assuming that she's been allowed to draw on party stores of the 20pp they got from the rhodin shamen, she will give all of the platinum to magister Clearwind.*

"Uh yes, I will make sure to spread the word of your excellent business," she says, and then leaves the faen's store.

*Though she wants to share what she's learned, the chill in the air makes her realize she doesn't have any clothing for this weather. And with her probably going to have to travel into the thick of it, she'd better prepare herself. She will stop at a clothing merchant and try to purchase some warmer clothes. That done, she'll go back to the boarding house and collect the rest of her co-workers into a quiet corner of the common room or her own bedroom (preferably) for a bit of privacy. When everyone is assembled, she passes around the sheets.*

"We have a problem. The citadel is now no more a thing of tales and memories, it is very real, as is the hag inside, and this weather only confirms it. And it seems she is outfitting these rhodin for her own purposes, supplemented with whatever they can steal from others. She's using ice trolls as well and it may be only a matter of time before these raids turn from rhodin to trolls, and I don't need to spell out how that will turn out. And because she's using the memory stones it may be that she's having her little rhodin minons give her their reports on their progress. I don't like this one tiny bit," she states, her eyes flashing and her ears up.

[OOC - Erekose, I want to buy a cold weather outfit before I go back to the boarding house.]

DrSpunj

Explorer
"Indeed, Kelsis, but until discharged our duty for the next little while lies with Master Mollen and his caravan. I would expect more battles on the road ahead of us. Perhaps we, too, will face ice trolls with our weapons in hand. If so, we'll have to make sure we search for more of the memory stones and items of worth from this hag and her Citadel before leaving the bodies for the scavengers.

Still, after we have completed our agreement with Master Mollen, I would be both honored and excited to find this Citadel of Ice with the both of you. Perhaps Tash would be willing as well, if he proves himself as good a companion on the road and in the midst of the battle dance as you two."

While saying this last Kalythar starts examining the magical chain shirt, sizing it up against his frame. "Do either of you object to my claiming this piece of the spoils? Many of the other trinkets are of no great value to me depending on the magic I've selected, but this would be a welcome addition in the midst of battle. Still, either of you may have a better claim to it than I...."

{OOC: Erekose, I'm afraid I wasn't very specific with my clothes at creation time. :eek: Since Kalythar comes from "the frozen plains near Ao-Manasa", if each PC still gets one free set of clothing as in Core his may likely be a cold weather outfit. If you'd rather, he'll certainly try and obtain one ASAP given the change in weather and our expected destination, regardless of any inflated pricing. He'll will be purchasing a winter blanket for the road as well. Thanks.}

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Kelsis sighs.*

"I do not wish to go back on my word, but there is much I would do to be free to go and seek this Citadel of Ice. At the very least we should tell Master Mollen of our findings, or at least of the trolls. If we're to be facing trolls, I might ask for some better hazard bonuses! As for the shirt, feel free Kalythar. I took the axe, after all. Now, some of these potions could be very useful... and I have the suspicision if we encounter this hag the detonation for dispeling magic could be worth more than its weight in platinum," she says, a quirk to her lips.

Erekose13

Explorer
Heading back to the warehouse to find Mollen you see that people are moving in quite a frenzy. Both Lemm and his brother are standing guard, but several other employees are moving about trying to get things done but not really accomplishing much in the heavy snow. Inside you see Mollen talking with one of his associates. Spotting you he waves you over immediately, "Would you look at this weather! We can't move the caravan in this snow! And its still falling!" he says in an exasperated voice.

[ooc: Its fine if Kalythar has the Cold Weather outfit, though itll cost you 3gp extra (characters start with one 5gp outfit and can pay the difference to get a different one). A new Cold Weather outfit is 9gp 6sp and a new winter blanket is 6sp.]

Last edited:

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 4th Level Huiman Runethane

As the group moves towards the warehouse, Aadin trudges along, his bad leg struggling each time he pulls it through the rapidly deepening snow.

"I agree Kelsis - we can't break our word to Master Mollen. And I hardly relish the idea of fighting trolls either. Do you have any memories that might help us prepare for the worst?"

As the group stops outside the warehouse, Aadin looks miserably around at the falling snow. Despite being wrapped up in his new furs, he still looks chill, though his face is flushed with exertion. He nods in agreement with the caravan master.

"This is awful. Kalythar, is it always this cold up here in winter? If it's this bad here, I don't even want to think about the open plains."

(OOC - I would like a cold weather outfit as well. Can I assume that Aadin and Kelsis went together?.)

DrSpunj

Explorer
To Aadin, "In winter? Sure, this kind of weather isn't all that uncommon. However, I believe we're several weeks, if not months, ahead of when this much snowfall is expected around here. More evidence that something is amiss in the area."

Turning to Master Mollen while shaking off what snow he can near the doorway, Kalythar says, "Well, Master Mollen, I wondered if the caravan could continue in this weather. What say you? Do we try at first light or see if we can wait out the storm?"

{OOC - Alright, then I'll pay the difference for the Cold Weather outfit. Since he's returned to his tribe within the last year and knew we were heading north I think it makes sense he'd have the appropriate clothing. Thanks.}

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"If the caravans can't move because of the weather, we know what's causing the bad weather. And I for one would be more than happy to try to stop it," Kelsis says, hearing Master Mollen's comments (assuming she went with everyone else).

Erekose13

Explorer
"No we can't move the wagons in this weather. I have tried in past years and everything goes wrong in these conditions. Horses falter, wheels slip or break, and those few hills we passed become a nightmare. But you say that you know what is causing the weather? Do tell." Mollen says taking a moment from his hurried changes to the schedule to listen to all of you.

Remove ads