[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 2]

Kalythar moves quickly to the right side of the troll, taking advantage of its blindness. The snow makes it hard to move quickly, but he makes it far enough to swing his swordaxe round. It connects at the knee, taking a huge chunk out of the troll's leg. [ooc: hit troll, 19 dmg]

Korwin replies "Right then, I'll take his left side." before charging in with his longsword. You can tell that he has a much easier time with the snowshoes on. While they impede his movement a bit, he is able to pick up a lot of speed. He brings his longsword down on the troll's arm. ooc:hit troll, 8 dmg]

The troll wobbles a bit before steadying itself.[heals4] It lets out a great bellowing shout and swings its massive claws wildly. One claw connects with Korwin, raking across his sword arm. [ooc: hit Korwin, 12 dmg]

At that moment another troll comes crashing through the trees directly opposite the first one. Towering behind Aadin, the troll grows fiercly and lowers it's massive warhammer. It is still about 40 feet away from Aadin at that moment.

Kelsis fires at the first troll, just as the second enters the clearing. Her arrow skips off it's armor, which until now had not been noticed. Both of the trolls are wearing ragged scale armor on top of their snow white hide. With bits of tree branches and fur it was difficult to spot.

Aadin... Let me know what you would like to do here before we continue.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Kelsis snarls at her lack of aim, then starts at the arrival of the other troll. Taking out her other trollbane crystal, she aims and lets fly at the new threat.*

DrSpunj

Explorer
"Crafty brutes, eh, Korwin? We'll have to drop this one quickly! Move around behind it so it focuses on me!"

{OOC: Kalythar takes another swing at the beast, presumably still flanking it with Korwin. To-hit bonuses: +9 with athame, +2 from Flanking. Damage is 1d8+7 with athame; Crit 19-20/x3.

He then takes a 5'-step to try and stand in front of the creature, between it and the fire, hoping that Korwin can re-flank it. This way if it tries to close with Kelsis and/or Aadin it will have to both move around Kalythar and hopefully will ignore Korwin a bit given the claw hit he took last time. Do the dogs attack at all? Just curious! ;)}

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 4th Level, Human, Runethane

Aadin attempts to place the fire between himself and the second troll. His hand moves up to the tattoo on his cheek and he mutters a single gutteral syllable and then gestures at the troll. The tattoo on his cheek flares into crimson life.

As he finishes his spell Aadin braces his spear, in the snow, against his foot, preparing for the troll's charge.

(OOC - Using Tattoo Spell Fire Burst on second Troll)

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 4th Level Human Runethane

As Aadin stands, a drop of sweat runs down between his eyes, despite the freezing cold. He takes a tighter grip on his spear, ready for engagement.

Erekose13

Explorer
*sorry, not sure if you have seen my post in the Talking the Talk. in the middle of a move back to Canada from Japan. will update as soon as Im back (should be sunday or monday).*

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 2, end]

Aadin hesitates, seeing that the troll is not quite close enough to the fire for the blast to hit it he waits a moment for it to advance a little tiny bit further.

[Round 3]

Kalythar swings his weapon in and clips the trolls armor sending sparks into the dark night. [miss]

Korwin makes sure that he is lined up opposite Kalythar but also misses his target.

Wounds knit themselves closed on the troll [heals 4] but it fails to connect with either of its claws as it flails about blind.

The other troll moves closer to Aadin and Kelsis getting nearer the fire that sputters between them. Seeing the opportunity Aadin casts his Fireburst on the fire sending a flare of searing flame at the troll. It roars and tries to duck away but is unsuccessful, taking the full brunt of the blast. [ooc: troll fails reflex save, hit for 8 fire dmg] With it's movement thrown off by the blast the troll only just makes it close enough to the two of them to aim its massive warhammer for the next round.

Kelsis flips her stone across the fire. It flies lazily through the air, connecting with the troll's long snout. A pillar of white hot flame leaps from the stop incinerating the troll. [ooc: hit with stone. 16 dmg]

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade 4

"Look, Korwin! This one wants to dance with us! I think he's showing us the Troll Polka! I wonder if I can cut in?"

{OOC: Kalythar takes another swing at the beast, presumably still flanking it with Korwin. To-hit bonuses: +9 with athame, +2 from Flanking. Damage is 1d8+7 with athame; Crit 19-20/x3.

He'll then take another 5'-step if he needs to to keep himself between the Ice Troll and the fire, hoping that if the Ice Troll tries to rush either Kelsis or Aadin Kalythar will be in a position to chop the beast down.}

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 4th Level Human Runethane.

Aadin views the troll through the flickering light of the guttering fire. Slowly, deliberately, he steps back. Taking a piece of charred wood, he hurriedly draws a bold, stark rune on the ground, keeping one eye on the troll. As he finishes, he speaks to the beast.

"You lack the courage to kill me. The runes have foretold to me your death."

He then sets his spear, ready for the charge of his enemy.

(OOC - taking a five foot step back, then drawing a rune of affliction, fire. Aadin wants to place it between him and the troll, then goad the creature into a charge across it.)

Remove ads