[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

DrSpunj

Explorer
"I believe we're doing fine, Aadin, if we can believe everything we learned back in town."

Kalythar glances at Kelsis quickly then stares off into the darkness a bit more before whispering to Aadin, "I'd forgotten until now another benefit to having the sled dogs on our trip. They are nature's guards. It will be very difficult for any of our enemies to sneak up on our camp without alerting the dogs. They have a good shot at seeing, hearing or smelling anyone in our immediate vicinity, even if we miss noticing them. Not that I'd recommend sleeping without watches, but I appreciate having them nearby just the same."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I've seen a memory of a faen that met one of these frost witches. It had hard, ice-covered skin, the ability to use deadly cold to sap one's strength, and to summon winter storms. Myself, I would recommend as much fire as we can handle. It may advertise our presence, but it would also afford us a measure of protection if we're attacked in the night," Kelsis says, opening her eyes slowly.

Erekose13

Explorer
It takes a while what with the snow and everything, but after a while you gather enough dry wood to make a small fire. As some of you sit to eat some of the hard trail rations you brought, Korwin grabs more fire wood to keep you well stocked into the night. He also points out that there is a small batch of dry wood under the lee of a tree not 50 feet from where you have set up camp. In the flickering light of the fire you can see that you are in a small copse of trees. They block out most of the heavier snow, though it has started to gather in quite large clumps on the tree's limbs. Around midnight the snow seems to dwindle to a light sprinkle.

A little later, Korwin, who is on watch at the time. Sees one of the dog's ears perk up. Then she stands and begins barking towards the west. Quickly alerted, everyone wakes from their bedrolls. Warm until now under the nice blankets. You hear loud cursing and movement off to the west. Korwin quickly attaches his snow shoes and grabs his sword, just as a large white troll comes stumbling into the camp. No one is suprised, thanks to the dog.

having trouble recruiting at the moment, lets just try to keep this going as is and hope someone wants to join up.

no suprise, state intentions, everyone is awake.

DrSpunj

Explorer
"Good dogs!"

Kalythar draws his athame while putting himself between the campfire and the Ice Troll. While doing that he checks to make sure all the dogs are focused in the same direction, trying to get a hint if their foes are trying to surround the campsite.

"Let the beast come to us near the campfire! We've cleared much of the snow here and trampled a great deal of what was left. We'll never match it's pace out in those drifts, even with the snowshoes!"

He then begins spitting out twisted, arcane syllables while waving Glacial Wind in a short & darting pattern.

"Welcome to the barbeque, neighbor!"

{OOC: Kalythar's highest priority is to have a Heightened Bash cast & ready for the Ice Troll's expected charge. If the dog's gave enough notice that he has time to put on his snowshoes as Korwyn has done then he'll do that first to keep his mobility up in the snow.}

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Stupid fool!" Kelsis snarls in Giant, taking out one of her trollbane crystals from her pouch. If she has a clear shot to avoid hitting her party members, she'll throw the crystal. If not, she breaks out her bow and fires.

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 4th Level Human Runethane.

Aadin shakes his head, still attempting to focus his mind. Blinking away the last vestiges of sleep, he stands tall, and points his spear at the troll. He begins to draw a rune in the air, glinting lines of white following his fist as it moves in the air.

"Coward! Not so easy if we're awake!"

(ooc - Casting Blinding Light.)

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 1]

Kalythar manages to cast his spell and get ready for the charge. The troll is coming from the left side of the campfire, directly behind him. Turning his weapon around he is ready, but has no time for the snowshoes.

Korwin with his snowshoes on, draws his sword ready for the attack. He moves up to stand beside Kalythar.

The troll moves up slogging through the snow at full speed. It manages to get within the radius of the firelight and you can see that it's crystaline skin is hard and white. If it hadn't been for the dogs and it's general blundering about it may have snuck up on you.

Kelsis finds a nice clear shot to the troll and lobs her crystal. It misses the troll only by a little bit landing about a foot from it to the left. In a blinding flash of red-tinged flame the crystal explodes brilliant fire licking the troll. [ooc:miss, but only by 1ft. reflex save failed, 19 fire dmg]

Aadin cast his spell, adding to the ferocity of the light created by Kelsis' explosion. The blinding white light is painful to everyone's eyes, but the troll's eyes glaze over blinded temporarily. [ooc: fort save failed]

Super quick map
Code:
                 Ke
T   ~20'~    Ka  f  Aa
             Ko

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: edited the map a little, cause it hadnt come out the way I had wanted. Korwin and Kalythar are beside one another standing between the troll and the fire. Kelsis is to the north of the fire with a clear line to the troll. Aadin is on the other side of the fire.]

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade

"Korwin! Try and hustle around so we can flank him! Quick, while he's still blinded!"

*Kalythar rushes the stupefied beast, bringing Glacial Wind in a wide, side-sweeping blow at the thing's neck.*

{OOC: If the ground between Kalythar and the Ice Troll will allow it, Kalythar charges. If not he'll move up and swing, either way getting safely inside his reach while he's blinded and unable to make AoOs. To-hit bonuses: +9 with athame, +5 from Heightened Bash, ?+2? from Charge. Damage is 1d8+7 with athame and +5 from Heightened Bash; Crit 19-20/x3.}

Remove ads