[AU] Lost Dreams

SubMensa

First Post
Sharilan Glittermane, loresong magister

Just stick by me and I'll keep you out of trouble Gren Sharilan says definitally impatient to show everybody around.
We'd better hurry if we want to get some food and settle in before dark.
Sharilan will practically be bustling with energy at the end of the trip. Excited to see her childhood friends, and visit some relatives. During the trip she has made it very clear that the uncle she is coming to see was very important to her before her family moved to Thayn.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

Vand reaches into his spell pouch and throws a few starleaf flower petals in the air, summoning his astral armor, then hurries down the alley without word.

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond 3

Finn flies on into town, crossing with the bridge.

Whom should I ask for directions? Perhaps a fellow Faen ... or maybe a Giant would be easier to spot ...

The little Spryte scans for a nice-looking native to ask for directions, as he glides into town, about 20' up.

Last edited:

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Level Human Runethane.

Aadin looks down at the other two and says, with a more patient tone,

"Sorry Gren, didn't mean to snap at you - I suppose I'm pretty eager to get inside as well. It'll be nice to sleep in the warmth of an inn. Sharilan, I know you're worried about your uncle, but we do get a night in the
inn first, right?"

The young man starts walking along the path again, pulling his cloak slightly tighter against the evening chill.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
*Sharilan, Aadin, and Gren enter Wembridge along the Southfarthing Road. You can see the looming city gates ahead of you. They look much more imposing from this distance. The dim light of dusk probably accentuates the dark brooding feeling of the city walls. As you watch several lanterns come to light near the gates and in the watch towers spread around them. In Wembridge you find a couple of inns that cater to weary travelers just arrived or preparing for the departure south to Sormere or Ka-Rone. In particular the Stone Troll and the Dancing Giant catch your eye. The loud sounds of singing flood the street as the door to the Dancing Giant opens momentarily, expelling an ale-addled reveller into the street as he wanders home.*

*Finn as you pass through the bridge gate, on of the guards hails you. He is a human by the looks of him and he is wearing chain and bears a longspear. He says to you, "Good evening Sir Spryte. Its my unfortunate duty to ask you your business in Ao Manasa, detaining you only momentarily before you explore our glorius city."

*Malarky as you enter the alleyway ahead of the Mojh and Vand you find yourself immersed in darkness. Balconies, makeshift tin rooves and other debris litter the space between you and the dark grey sky overhead. The debris seems to fill the alley infront of you. Behind you the light from the Glowlantern only filters through a little, showing you that there is a narrow passage through the debris. As you slow down a bit to take stock of your lack of lighting the Mojh and Vand catch up.*

*Yajarn, you catch up to the small non-mojh who went in ahead of you, despite him having had to cross the street to pass by your position before entering the alley. Up ahead you can see that the passage narrows quite a bit, it might be difficult to get through. You can also tell why the non-mojh pulled up short, as without your ability to see in the dark, there is little in the way of light here.*

*Vand as you arrive at the bottleneck with the others you can here the sounds of scuffling and a few grunts of pain coming from further into the darkness. At this point the light from the street and the sky do little to help your vision. Any darker and you will be feeling your way around with your foot.*

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

"Ack, I can't see, Yajarn," Vand says, summoning his mind blade in his right hand, and digging once more into his spell pouch with his left. Drawing out a tiny fleck of sunstone, he summons a lesser glowglobe* above his head.

*heightened

Last edited:

Raikes

First Post
Finn Redtip, Spryte Greenbond 3

Finn swoops down to eye level with the big guard, then flutters distractingly back and forth, obviously not all that accomplished yet with his new wings.

"Sir Guard! I am visiting this big city for the first time by myself. I am planning on doing some shopping tomorrow, and was wondering if you had a reccomendation for a nice friendly inn to catch a bite to eat and get some rest after my journey."

As he laboriously flutters in a mostly-futile attempt to stay in-flight and in-place to talk to the man, Finn finds himself marvelling "Wow, this is the first human I've talked with since my metamorphosis. Sheesh, I thought Loresongs looked big."

Raikes

First Post
Finn swoops down to eye level with the big guard, then flutters distractingly back and forth, obviously not all that accomplished yet with his new wings.

"Sir Guard! I am visiting this big city for the first time by myself. I am planning on doing some shopping tomorrow, and was wondering if you had a reccomendation for a nice friendly inn to catch a bite to eat and get some rest after my journey."

As he laboriously flutters in a mostly-futile attempt to stay in-flight and in-place to talk to the man, Finn finds himself marvelling "Wow, this is the first human I've talked with since my metamorphosis. Sheesh, I thought Loresongs looked big."

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, Mojh Warmain

"Sorry. I keep forgetting this nonmojh weakness. Something as trivial as darkness stopping you ..." While Vand works his magic, Yajarn readies his shield but keeps his sword sheathed for now. "We seem to be ready. I'll take point, follow me."

Remove ads