• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams

Malarky

First Post
Seeing that Finn is not offering up the information that he had gathered, Malarky replies to Sir Lornem, "A lock eh? I might be able to give you a hand there. Oh our info gathering, we spoke to a guard who told us that the shop keepers around the Worm paid protection money to the scrigs. He even said that he paid them a little extra to make his work easier. When we tried to get him to tell us more, he gave us a name, the Duskwalker, who can be found in the Dead Man's Ale down by the docks after night fall."

Erekose13

Explorer
Sir Lornem listens to Malarky's tale then says, "So now we can either check out that sewer entrance or try the locked door again. Which way do you three suggest?"

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, Mojh Warmain

"Well, if Malarky can pick the lock, I say we return to the door. We know the scrig went that way. However, he also knows that we'll pursuit him along this way, so we have to be extra careful not to fall into any traps or ambush."

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

" Either pick the lock or boot it in, a lock only stops a man who isn't intent," Vand says. "I think the normal door makes me more comfortable than crawling about the sewers.

Malarky

First Post
"Sounds good to me. Show me this lock and I'll see what I can do. The one thing I dont have is some proper tools though. I think I can probably use a dagger to try, but you mentioned that you had tried Lornem. Do you have any picks?" Malarky says, trying to make sure he has his bases covered.

Erekose13

Explorer
Sir Lornem replies, "Yup I have a set, hang on a moment. Here you go, I keep them on me just in case I need them. Never know when they might come in handy." He reaches into his pack and retrives a small leather roll and hands it to Malarky. Then joins Yajarn and Vand who are already heading back down the ladder.

Following you find that the scrigs dealt with earlier are still lying unconscious on the floor. Down the little dug out room to the small closed room through which you imagine Trigg fled. Malarky and Finn see the closed gate for the first time as Malarky begins sizing up the large lock attached to it.

Examining the lock, Malarky tunes his mind into the collective unconscious searching for the secrets of master locksmiths. Finding one particularly pertinent memory, Malarky opens his eyes and begins to work on the lock. It takes a fair amount of time and just as the others are starting to wonder, the lock snaps open.

Yajarn steps up to help lift the gate up, opening the way for the others. As everyone files through the opening, Sir Lornem pats Malarky on the back, "Nice job friend, guess I just rushed things yeah thats it." He says, obviously joking about his inability to open the lock.

On the other side the hallway goes another 30 feet or so before coming to a T junction. To the left and right appear to be longer hallways though there might be a door about 50 feet down on the left. There is no indication at first glance, which way Trigg went.

GPEKO

First Post
Yajarn, Mojh Warmain

"That's right, Lornem ... hide your failures behind excuses." Yajarn readies his shield and sword and moves down the corridor.

At the T junction, Yajarn looks around for any clues that might indicate the way Trigg went. (OOC: Search +4)

OOC: What's the light source ? Yajarn doesn't have a problem with this but the others...

Zhure

First Post
Vand, Human, Mindwitch

Vand can cast light if necessary/

Vand will gladly let Yajarn lead down the hallway with his superior vision.

Erekose13

Explorer
Checking the ground just beyond the T-junction to the left, Yajarn spots a bit of loose dry dirt that might have recently come from the carved out portion of the cave that you have passed through. As that is the only sign of tracks, it is possible that Trigg when that way. At that moment you hear something in that direction (the left) down by the door. Going a little further in you see that it is actually an open gateway with stairs leading up. Closer now you can here a little voice calling out for help and the sounds of fighting.

[ooc: light is necessary, hehe forgot about that one. Vand a heightened glowglobe is what you are looking for, the regular 0th level one cant be moved.

On another note, I am going to be away for the next week. Ill write a nice long post to introduce Ferrix's character (the one in the scuffle up the stairs)]

Remove ads