• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

OOC: Was there any other exits in the corridor before this broken staiwell?

"Next time, we will bring rope.I don't think I'll be able to climb down that wall and those stair look less than passable. Do you have any other ideas?" Ritsar quietly asks over to the Giant and the less-than-giant Spryte. Walking down the hall looking for any tell tale signs of a door in the walls. Perhaps, a bit of light peaking out from poorly sealed edges or a trace of breeze escaping from the frame.

Rybaer

First Post
Gideon said:
OOC: Was there any other exits in the corridor before this broken staiwell?

"Next time, we will bring rope.I don't think I'll be able to climb down that wall and those stair look less than passable. Do you have any other ideas?" Ritsar quietly asks over to the Giant and the less-than-giant Spryte. Walking down the hall looking for any tell tale signs of a door in the walls. Perhaps, a bit of light peaking out from poorly sealed edges or a trace of breeze escaping from the frame.

ooc - There was a room on the right side of the hallway, small, squarish, and empty. On the left side of the hall was a larger room with an empty fireplace set in one wall. It may have been a dining room, but is now empty of any furnishings. Ritsar doesn't notice any other sign of passages leading off the main hallway.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Let us make a more thourough search down here to see if we can find something to help us get down there. If not maybe we can try climbing up to the next level and try to find something up there." says Ys-Korros contemplating how best to reach the bottow as they are all assuming that is their destination.

Rybaer

First Post
A more thorough search of the rooms along the main hall fails to yield anything of interest.

The group expands its search out into the courtyard grounds and does eventually turn up something of interest. Carefully stashed away in the long-abandoned hearth of the kitchen is a large leather sack. Judging by the grit and insect droppings on it, the sack has been here for a number of years.

The sack includes two fifty foot lengths of rough but servicable hemp rope, half a dozen rusted (but also servicable) iron spikes, a heavy hammer, a lantern, three flasks of oil, and two dozen candles. Also in the bag: a small wood case with a magnifying lens (about the size of a human's palm) - probably quite valuable; a brush (similar to a large paintbrush); a small, latched metal box containing two stoppered glass vials wrapped carefully in linen (Pyior judges that they're likely potions...and different types judging by the color).

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

"I guess that means I get to try climbing." Holding up the rope Ritsar flashes what comes off as a somewhat feral smile at the Giant.

"How is that oh mighty magus?" With a slight mock bow Ritsar leans on the wall and waits for his companions to head back to the stairwell.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Let us see if we can anchor this rope somewhere, somewhere that will hold my weight too." says Ys-Korros trying to find a spot to tie the rope to so that Ritsar can climb down the hole.

Rybaer

First Post
The main complex is quiet again when the group returns to the ruined stair shaft. With the others holding up light sources, Ys-Korros leans slightly over the edge and is able to secure one of the ropes around a protruding bit of rock - the remnant of a stair set in the wall of the shaft. He's pretty sure it'll hold without the need for spikes.

Just as Ys-Korros is wrapping up his work, the same screeching/hooting sound heard earlier erupts again - only much, much louder this time. Presumably from a landing a level or two higher, a creature leaps across the shaft and catches one of the remnant stairs. It is opposite the party and about ten feet higher up the shaft.

The creature is an ape of some sort, probably weighing some 300+ pounds, with reddish brown fur and some prominently displayed oversized fangs. It is hanging easily by one arm and pounding its chest with the other while continuing to vocalize in a rather intimidating manner.

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros is startled by the large ape, he backs away from the hole and draws his sword. Holding it out in front of him he tries to appear just as intimidating. The giant is not very successful, but hopefully a naked weapon will encourage the creature to leave the group well enough alone.

[ooc: intimidate -1]

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

Teeth bared and speark held calmly at the ready Ritsar prepares to defend himself. "At least we know what the screeching is now. Probably saw Pyior when we walked in and scared the thing so bad it had to go cry to his mommy."

Remove ads