[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Rybaer

First Post
Ys-Korros bares his blade and tries to look menacingly back at the ape. It doesn't appear to have much of an effect, though. (Intimidate roll 3-1=2, fail)

While Ritsar draws out his weapon, another ape comes scrambling down the wall, taking up a position next to its companion. It too adds its aggressive hooting and screetching. They don't seem inclined to attack just now, but it's clear that the group is unwelcome.

Pyior (NPC'd for the moment) holds action with a spell in case one of the apes decides to attack.

Erekose13

Explorer
"It looks like they wish to bar our passage. Are you any more intimidating than I? As I do not believe I have had any effect on this one." says Ys-Korros to Ritsar.

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

"You don't have to intimadate people if they never see you." and a shrug are the only response that is given.

Switching the spear over to his left paw, a javelin appears in Ritsar's right paw. Cocking his arm back "We want to go this way?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"While I would prefer to avoid violence, especially against such simple animals, yes it is my impression that we need to continue in that direction. Unless of course you have another option. They seem to be blocking the entire stairwell, both up and down. Perhaps there is another way in, either that or maybe we can leave and sneak back in later. As you say, there is no need to intimidate or even hurt anyone if they never see you." says Ys-Korros.

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

Lowering the javelin slightly Ritsar gives a shrug "If you think you can sneak anywhere, we can try." A smile plays upon Ritsars muzzle at the thought of the giant tiptoeing across the entryway.

Rybaer

First Post
Pyior backs up a bit more.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is just posturing behavior," he says. "I think they also won't hesitate to attack if we try to go any further...or even if we hang around for much longer.

"I'm not certain of their species, but I know that apes tend to be quite aggressive and are usually a lot stronger than they look."

The apes continue to hold their positions, hanging from the crumble remains of the stairs and making loud, aggressive sounds.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Okay so sneaking might not be the best option. Well do we want to go down there? If so I think our only option left is to teach these apes who is in control. Mind not to kill them though, they are simple animals and should face such a fate just because we need to go down a hole." replies Ys-Korros, readjusting his sword in two hands ready to act if necessary.

Gideon

First Post
"So where did giants learn to hunt exactly? They'll be trying to kill me and I'll be trying to kill them. Seems fair to me."

Ritsar gives his companions a smile with fangs potruding. He'd be happeir if he was sneaking up, but he'll take what he can get.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Right then, I guess our only option is naked agression. Let us move in together an present a united front." says Ys-Korros, moving towards the apes, weapon barred. He either doesnt notice the subtle barb regarding his choice of faith, or refuses to acknowledge it at the moment, perhaps because of what he is being forced through circumstance to do.

Rybaer

First Post
(ooc - I forgot that I'm npc'ing Ys-Baddaden as well as Pyior...)

The three of you, with Pyior watching from behind, stand on the edge of the shaft with weapons at the ready. The apes continue to howl and snarl, but you sense a slight shift in their posture...a bit of uncertainty, perhaps. After another minute of noisy exchange, the two apes slowly start to climb back up the shaft along the broken stairs.

They hold position about fifteen feet up, keeping a wary eye on the group. It appears to be a reluctant concession to the main hall, but not the upper levels.

Remove ads