• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Stone Bones

Erekose13

Explorer
Getting the gist of what Leesea is telling them, Phaern waits until they answer her next question before interrupting. Seeing that she is discussing more important things than all the question he had in mind, he calms down a bit and concentrates on the matter at hand.

When an opening presents itself he asks, in undercommon
"In the pursuit of our quest, we have been following your Rainbow Highway. We seek the Bones of the Earth so that we might set them right."

The irritating noises in the background interrupt his train of thought as he tries to tune into them, momentarily loosing track of what the grayfolk answer.

manifold

First Post
indacalis, greenbond

*Dak whispers to the image "Hello, Mr. Mojh-man. I thought you might like to see these doin's." He turns the amulet around to give the mojh a view of the proceedings.*

*Dak looks benignly at the greyfolk, hoping his demeanor will help put them at ease. He is surprised that they can see Kelthet's knife, and begins to wonder at the strength of thier earth bond.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*When Leesea and Phaern talk about the Earth Spirits and Bones of the Earth, the grayfolk go silent for a moment, their silver eyes staring, then break in excited conversation with each other. They're going a bit too fast to get the specifics, but the gist is they seem pleased to meet you and are happy to help you. Their faces are animated and their gestures are wild.*

"
The Bones of the Earth have been broken, set awry, damaged, hurt. There was a ceremony, yes ceremony, praying for the Earth Spirits to send the Healers to us, to us. You've come now, yes you've come now we see you. We were afraid, afraid you couldn't find us, and we were sent high, oh so high to find you if we could. But we were uncertain, uncertain of the dangers here, and the ones you killed, killed trapped us, and we were afraid. But we can help you a little, just a little. Our ways say the Healers must forge their own strength, forge it their own way, but we can show you little ways to help, yes little ways,
" they say excitedly in Undercommon.

*Dak, Lykis seems to be taking everything in excitedly, and is widely grinning in the little crystal.*

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea listens carefully, mentally storing away every word of the conversation for later review should the details become necessary.

<in common>
"It seems that these grayfolk know of the problem with the Bones of the Earth. In ceremony, they asked the spirits of the Earth to send healers...and here we are right on cue. These two were sent toward the surface in hopes that they might find us.

"Their beliefs say that we must find our own way to heal the Bones, learning what we must do during the journey. They can and will help us in little ways, though."

<in undercommon>
"Your people have a settlement further down? Perhaps it would be best if we went there and learned all we can from you before we continue on our journey."

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet nods.* "We were brought here, then. I wonder who we are, to have attracted such an honor. Do they have a city, perhaps where we might rest, and learn more?"

OOC: Can any of us cast tongues?

Erekose13

Explorer
Forge our own strength, Phaern thinks to himself, wondering what the little grayfolk mean. "We would be greatful for what ever help you can offer, including as your say, the little things. While I do not feel that out of place down here, beyond following this well laid out highway, we are a little lost especially if we get off the trail." Phaern says in undercommon.

manifold

First Post
Indacalis

*Dak blinks and licks his muzzle. He looks at Leesea and says

"Little Spryte-Lady, m'mam, do you think maybe you can ask them jess what are the Bones of the Earth?"

*he blinks twice, then says

"I'm sorry I cain't remember your name, but I cain't."

"On account of I'm stupid." he adds, matter-of-factly.*

[ooc: Isida, is Dak getting any vibe from his Bond with the Green power?]

Remove ads