• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Stone Bones

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet grins at Phaern* "Indeed, my friend. Although your parry and riposte which felled the beast was a classic D'Arginian 7th form. Have you been studying, or was it a natural move? D'Arginian is interesting, in that most of the forms imitate natural movements in combat, so there's still some debate about whether he actually created a style, or just named forms...." *He trails off, noticing the grayfolk.* "Oh. Those seem important." *He dismisses his greatsword, since it is but a thought away, and stares at them curiously.* (OOC reminder: Kelthet is an albino. Not sure what, if any, difference that would make)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Very slowly, with many false starts, two small figures emerge from the crevice. They are perhaps the size of a loresong faen, but their limbs are thin and somewhat twisted. Their skin is a dismal gray, their their heads bare of any hair. They wear ragged leather skins wrapped around them, and their eyes are very wide, almost too large for their faces, and a solid, opaque silver. One seems to be female, though it's hard to tell. They both look up at the party, visibly trembling.*

*On seeing thier reaction, Atlas returns bow and arrow to place.* "Indeed Lessea, learn what you can. Although, I would guess they understand my words, they did respond." Atlas says in a soothing voice.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As Leesea speaks her greeting in Undercommon, the two grayfolk turn to her with a look of surprise.*

Undercommon "
We thank you, yes, thank you yes, yes. What be you wanting, wanting from us?
" they say, nearly in unison, their voices pale and whispery. Their large eyes look out over all the group, though when they see Kelthet they jabber to each other for a moment, too quietly for Leesea to hear what they're saying.

Jaws

First Post
Wil

"What did you tell them, Leesea? What did they say? What are they saying about Kelthet?"

This is so fustrating not understanding their language.

Rybaer

First Post
<in Common> "I merely told them hello," she says. "They appear to be fluent in the Undercommon tongue, which makes sense if they are natives down here."

<in Undercommon> "We are the Company of the Stones, and my name is Leesea Elmsbreath. We just happened upon this chamber and saw the chlortheks had pinned someone. I'm glad we were able to be of assisstance in time.

"We have no desire for reward, but it's possible that you could provide us with some useful information about this area."

<in Common> "They asked what we want from them. I suggested that they might be able to help us in turn by giving us some information about this area."

Last edited:

manifold

First Post
Indacalis

*Dak turns to Leesea*

"Ask 'em if they's hurt. Let 'em know I can h'ep 'em, if they want it."

*Dak looks curiously at the greyfolk.*

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea relays Dak's message.

<in Undercommon> "Are either of you injured? We can provide some healing if you are in need."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Undercommon "
We're not hurt, not hurt. But we can help some, yes help some if you want, want. You saved us, us, we owe you a debt, yes a debt. But we would anyway, anyway. You have the favor of the earth spirits, spirits.
" they say in unison, gesturing to Kelthet and Darkwish.

Erekose13

Explorer
*After the short discussion with Kelthet, Phaern turns round and sees Wil gesturing for him to come over. The sight of the gray folk suprised Phaern. He must have thought they would have been further underground. He watches as Leesea talks to them, eager to interject his own questions as he doesn't comprehend their language either. When he has a chance he will add many innane questions like, "What do you eat down here? Where do you live in all this darkness? Do you have special light or something?" Most of his questions are probably easily ignored by Leesea as she is obviously more interested in asking the important questions. *

*He pauses in his barrage and thinks for a bit back to the things he had really wanted to ask. To that extent he pulls out his journal and flips back a bit to the sections he copied from the library. Opening to the sections in Grayclaw's recount about "The Lair of the Shadow Serpant," the "Twilight Chamber," and "The Sunless City of Grayfolk."*

Remove ads