AU Sunless Citadel (3.0/3.5) Seeking ALTERNATES

Barak

First Post
Ma-Barak

I liked Kajamba Lion's format, so I stole it. :)

Ma-Barak, Bound (True Name: Vaj-Nadij
Male Giant Champion(Magic) 1; Size M; HD 1d10+3; hp 13; Disabled/Dying -3/-16; Spd. 20 ft.; Init +0 ; AC 18 (+7 Armor, +1 Natural); BAB +1; Atk +5 melee(Greatsword dam 2d6+7 (19-20 x2), +1 ranged; Full Atk +5 melee, +1 ranged; SA -; SQ -; SV Fort +5 (+3 Con), Ref +0 , Will +3 (+1 Wis); Str 19, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 13.

Skills, Feats, Languages
Spot +5 (4 ranks, +1 Wis), Use Magic Device +5 (4 ranks, +1 Cha), Diplomacy +7 (4 ranks, +1 Cha, +2 Giant); Iron Flesh (Ceremonial), Natural Swordsman ; Common, Giant, Draconic.

Giant Traits
Medium Size; base speed 30 ft.; +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Sense Motive and Craft(all), Giant type

Champion (magic) Traits
Simple and martial weapon proficiency, light, medium and heavy armor proficiency, shield proficiency, Lesser Magic Touch (Cast any simple or complex, 0 or 1st level spell 1/day)

Equipment
Heavy Brigandine (45 lbs), Greatsword (15 lbs), rest coming soon

Appearance, Personality, Background.
Height: 7'2"
Weight: 299lb
Eyes: Dark Gray
Hair: Bald, Black beard (neatly trimmed) and mustache
Skin: slight tan
Other characteristics: Missing lobe on right ear, gold loop through the left one. Tattoo around right eye (what "we"'d call a tribal tattoo.)

Ma-Barak comes from a long line of magisters and champions of magic. From a young age (for a giant) he showed an aptitude with the sword, which his parents quickly helped to grow. While his training was mostly in the martial arts (as in fighting, not kung fu), one couldn't grow up in his family without learning at least a bit about magic as well, in which he did show a certain, if modest, interest. Having now reached a level of skill deemed adequate, he left the comfort of home for the wonders of adventure.

He tends to be rather introspect, yet he does have a strong personality, and will let his displeasure known if it becomes required. As all giants, he is relatively slow to anger, and usually chooses to ignore insults rather then responds to them, but wouldn't hesitate to defend himself, his honor, or those he calls friends.

(That's about is for now (well, other then the rest of the equipment). I don't like to overdo the personality of my characters, but see how they play out in the first couple of sessions. Ma-Barak will let me know his personality.. :)

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Thanks. :) I like it, too.

I've updated Yossariad with his equipment. Added Personality and Appearance (or at least something that could be seen as a start in that section).

Nick

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
<sigh> The dice-roller doesn't love me today. But, you have a net +4 total Krug.
8, 11, 11, 13, 13, 17

Barak - You have a true name, but no Ceremonial feat. Please exchange one of your feats for a feat on the Ceremonial list or make your character Unbound and keep the Natual Swordsman feat.

Speed Stick - You are missing a feat. :) All of you will get an extra feat at first level that must be spent on a Ceremonial feat (if you have a truename) or a regular feat or Talent feat (if Unbound).

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday and today, I'm coming down with a cold or something and I had just pulled an 18 hour shift and didn't feel like looking at a computer screen for the rest of the night.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Oops, I keep remembering this when I'm not online.

ALINGMENT
AU does away with alignment. Good, Evil, Law, and Chaos still exist, but things aren't so cut and dried as they are in normal DnD. Hence, characters no longer have an Alignment trait.

If you want to be a rat-bastard serial killer, you can (although I won't like it). The only "rule" I'm going to institute behavior-wise is that your character must be willing to work with the group, not against it.

Krug

Newshound
My build so far. Suggestions? Comments? How much starting gold do I have?

Code:
[B]Name:[/B]  Strahm
[b]Truename:[/b] WildLeap
[B]Class:[/B] Greenbond
[B]Race:[/B]  Litoral
[B]Size:[/B]  Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral 
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 11       [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 15       [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 6
[B]Con:[/B] 11       [B]Grapple:[/B] +0     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 13       [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 15       [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] - 
[B]Cha:[/B] 8        [B]ACP:[/B] 0           [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]          10    +1    +0    +2    0    +0    +0    +0    13
[B]Touch:[/B] 12               [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 11

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +0        +0
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +2        +2
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +2        +4

[b]Armor                  Bonus   Dex   ACP   ASF  Weight    Cost[/b]
Padded                     +1     +8    0      5%   10lbs     5gp

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical   Range     Weight  Cost[/B]
Quarterstaff                 +0      1d6          x2        -        4lbs    -
Javelins, 3                  +2      1d6          x2        30'      6lbs    -

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Litoral, Giant

[B]Abilities:[/B] Low light vision, +2 to Intimidate, Search, Spot, Listen and Survival, 

Nature Sense, Infuse with Life (1d8+1) - 2/day

[B]Feats:[/B] Wild Mage (Ceremonial), First Strike

[b]Spealls:[/b]
0 level - Detect Magic, Glowglobe, Ghost Sound, Read Magic, Seeker
1 level - Animate Weapon, Mudball, Plant Armor

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 12    [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4
[B]Skills                  Abil Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Knowledge (Nature)          Int   4    +1           5
Handle Animal               Cha   4    -1           3
Survival                    Wis   3    +2   +2      7
Spellcraft                  Int   1    +1           2

[B]Equipment:                Cost  Weight[/B]
Backpack                   2gp    2lb
Traveler's Outfit          1gp    5lb
Rations (4 days)           2gp    2lb
Waterskin                  1gp    4lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 33 lb                 [B]Money:[/B] 60gp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]         38lb   76lb   115lb  230lb   

[B]Age:[/B] 23 years
[B]Height:[/B] 5'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 250 lbs
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Brown

Background: Strahm trained as a Greenbond, being one of the wiser ones of his tribe. He has a love of nature and animals, particularly cats and birds (though he despises ravens). He is the only spellcaster amongst his litter, and viewed as a bit of an oddball. Nonetheless, his healing powers have saved members of the tribe on occasion, so he is regarded as useful, if not respected.

Description: Scruffy, mangy looking Litoral who bears a rather raw scent. His fur is covered with sores and dried blood. Not much of a hunter sort. Enjoys putting flowers on his head, to the despair of his clanmates.

Behaviour: Loves to play a checkers-like boardgame, which he carries around with him.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Finished Yossariad. I added his background and exchanged his Complex Spell feat for Energy Mage (Cold) and a truename — the way the book mentions rituals and ceremonies for the sibbecai made me think that he probably wouldn't be unbound. Plus the feat's the same either way (it does what Complex Spell did for me and then some, so...).

Nick

Remove ads