• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Augmentable magic weapon.

Kerato

First Post
Oke, so since I could find my answer, I decided to ask it here.
I found some cool magic weapons and armor, if you can use the augment it has.
The items have a (Daily * Augmentable) power or a (Encounter * Augmentable) power.

So when does the augment count?
Searched in my PHB's but couldn't find it >.<
Could someone help me?

Thanks

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Check Player's Handbook 3 and look at the Psion, Ardent and Battlemind classes. These three psionic classes have power points, which they can use to augment their at-will powers to make them more powerful. They get power points instead of encounter powers, and they get their power point allotment back at the end of each short rest (so each encounter, they refill).

If they have a magic item with an augmentable power, they're allowed to spend power points to get the improved effect of the magic item's power.

If your character is not a member of these classes, they can still use the magic item, but they don't have any power points to spend so they won't get the "augmented" benefit from the powers. These powers will typically say something like, "Do something cool. If you spend a power point, you may also do something super-cool." The non-psionic character would only be able to access the "cool" part of the power, not the "super-cool" part.

phoffman

Explorer
You need to be a psionic class that has power points to Augment the magic items power.

There is also a Feat that can give you a power point.

Kerato

First Post
Thanks. I would have never guessed it would be under psionic classes.

Well, I have an other question; What is de meta-game effect of being insubstantial?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I don't think you mean "meta-game" so much as "in-game" so I'll answer that.

An insubstantial creatures takes half damage from all attacks (unless it has some kind of special vulnerability that specifies that it's not insubstantial to, say, radiant damage). So, if you hit it for 11 damage, it only takes 5 (rounding down, as you always do in 4e D&D).

Remove ads