[August] What are you watching?

LightPhoenix

First Post
Jamdin said:
Showtime's Jeremiah returns September 19th and Sean Astin will be joining the cast so I cannot wait for that.

I second that! It's one of only two shows I can not wait for to start again (the other being Angel).

Unfortunately, JMS will not be around for season three. He's pretty much said he's had very a bad experience with Showtime re: Jeremiah. I'm not sure who's replacing him yet. :(

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Along with the usual crime dramas (L&O (all), CSI (both), W/OaT, NYPDB) I must admit that I am really enjoying the new Dragnet, even in reruns... :)

emergent

First Post
My wife and I are trying a cable-free experiment since we moved in July. It's been seven weeks with no TV. We have liked it a lot. Both of us remarked about how much reading we have done and we've watched a lot of movies. We are, however, jonesing for a cable modem and want to watch college football, so we will probably get TV soon.

I watched Eight Legged Freaks yesterday. It was pretty entertaining. Very much like those other giant animal movies of the 1950's-60's, with a healthy dose of humor.

Mallus

Legend
Haven't been watching too much TV... but I recently got on DVD...

1) The Street Fighter [w/Sonny Chiba] --for 4.99 at the Pathmark, of all places.

2) Big Trouble/Little China

3) Guys and Dolls [Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando, how can you go wrong?]

4) Joe vs. The Volcano [a brilliant, charming film at one day will get its do]

5) Taxi Driver

6) Logan's Run [Lastday...Capricorn 14's...Year of the City 2274....Carousel begins!]

7) Cowboy Bebop: The Movie [this must take place in the same universe as Woody Allen's Sleeper, seeing as in this future, smoking must be good for you]

Just picked up "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"; "Rob Roy"; and "Dead Poets Society" on DVD. Looking for time to watch them. Will be picking up Two Towers the day it comes out, and may have to work "Big Trouble in Little China" into the budget somehow.

On TV, I'm on a steady diet of Cartoon Network: Samurai Jack, X-Men Evolution, and Teen Titans. Very little else, though I usually try to catch the Daily Show.

manofsteel1303

First Post
Well, this may be long, I've been stocking up my DVD collection to go to college with.

Daredevil - great movie, the dvd has some really good features,

Red Dragon - Anthony Hopkins still creeps me out

The Sum of All Fears - and all of the other Jack Ryan movies

The Recruit

Shanghai Knights

And a few others that I found in the bargain bin at Wal-mart

On TV, I've been watching a lot of Jay Leno followed by Conan O' Brien. Also Enterprise as much as I can.

Now it's just hurry up and wait for TTT and Reloaded

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
Through netflix I finally got a chance to see Brotherhood of the Wolf. I really enjoyed the movie.

I first watched Brotherhood with English dubbing, and wasn't that impressed by it. However, on another viewing I set it to French dialogue with English subtitles, and the movie was much, much better.

Most recent DVD I watched was my copy of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Mark said:
Isn't LotR: TTT due out very soon, also? Will some folks get that right away?
Normally, yes. But I'll probably try and catch the theatrical release of both of the extendeds first. I've had TTT on DVD for about 6 months so I'm in no rush for the DVD itself just yet.

The big thing for this week will be my mini-Western marathon where we'll be watching Unforgiven and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on DVD. I can't wait. :D

Oh, and I saw S.W.A.T. last weekend. Not bad. I love Sam Jackson.

John Crichton

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
I first watched Brotherhood with English dubbing, and wasn't that impressed by it. However, on another viewing I set it to French dialogue with English subtitles, and the movie was much, much better.
That was a great flick. Blew me away when I saw it in the theater. The biggest pleasant surprise of the last 2 years for me. :)

Remove ads