[August] What are you watching?

John Crichton said:
The big thing for this week will be my mini-Western marathon where we'll be watching Unforgiven and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on DVD. I can't wait. :D
No Western marathon is complete without "The Magnificent Seven." Just picked it up on DVD today. Love that flick.

John Crichton

First Post
Canis said:
No Western marathon is complete without "The Magnificent Seven." Just picked it up on DVD today. Love that flick.
That's why it is a mini-marathon. :D I'll save that one for when we watch Seven Samurai, just for the comparison (I've never done that before and have been meaning to).

Welverin

First Post
A little preseason NFL (little as in the first quarter or so), Samurai Jack, watch Josie and the Pussycats a couple of days ago (great movie watch it). watched the Animatrix again (except matriculated, just couldn't bring myself to do it) including the commentaries and making ofs (for the first time on both).

CCamfield

First Post
Not watching anything on TV really. But last week I rented the first tape (of 4) of the 1997 or so French version of The Count of Monte Cristo starring Gerard Depardieu. It was really good, so I'm looking forward to renting the next part.

There's also a tape set at the video store of the A&E production of The Scarlet Pimpernel. Did anyone see this, and was it any good?

I currently watch the last season of Buffy (here in Germany, the season aired this year for the first time) and Stargate (5th season) and Andromeda (3rd, I think).
Next week, 24 will run on German TV, and I am going to watch it (especially since the last two episodes of Buffy will run this Wednesday).

I watched Firefly (don`t ask how :) ), and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I am already finished with the 13 episodes, and can only hope the DVD will ever appear in Germany (Probably I can get it via Amazon.de as an Import, and who knows - maybe some Station in Germany will even buy the 13 episodes. But I doubt it, especially since even Pro7, the station that runs Buffy and Angel did take a break in showing Angel (we are already a season in delay compared to Buffy), and Sat1, responsible for Startrek shows and Farscape didn`t show the last 2 seasons of Farscape).

I am going to watch American Pie 2 and Red Dragon when I get it...

And my sisters still await the delivery of the Buffy DVD Box for the first season (A birthday present)...

Mustrum Ridcully

My fiance & I are just about finished with the 1st season of Angel on DVD, and we have borrowed a friends set of tapes for the 7th season of Buffy (we were late catching onto Buffy, and season 7 is all we have left to watch). Normally I don't watch TV, but we got sucked into VH-1s I Love the 70s the other night, and watched it for several hours both Friday & Saturday, trying to see how much we remembered from each of the years.

Villano

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:

I first watched Brotherhood with English dubbing, and wasn't that impressed by it. However, on another viewing I set it to French dialogue with English subtitles, and the movie was much, much better.

I finally got a chance to see it and I thought it was pretty horrible. I hated everything about it from the extras from Xena to the French guy suddenly displaying kung-fu powers to the non-monster monster.

Visually, it was nice, but I didn't find anything else in it worth anything.

BTW, I forgot to add Kim Possible to my previous tv list. Great show, but they need to add some more villains.

And Inuyasha now that new episodes are going to start airing.

On dvd, I finished Santo Contra La Hija De Frankenstein (Santo vs The Daughter Of Frankenstein). Great flick with masked wrestler El Santo facing off against 2 monsters, a humaniod gorilla and a Frankenstein Monster. :)

Also, I got the DBZ Movie, Super Android 13. Blah. Not very good.

Welverin

First Post
Welverin said:
watched the Animatrix again

Meant to add that while watching World Record when i got to the part where Dan is talking to his coach I noticed how much the coach was like Brad Pitt (Twelve Monkeys style), and what by chance to the two guys doing the commentary mention when they get to that part? That the director is a Pitt fan and modeled the character after him.

Remove ads